2st vs 4t Issues while testing.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Apr 5, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    First and foremost, this has been a very good way to spend my time and generate some videos to display on youtube and link here. I've had a few setbacks from time to time that are recorded here that are extending the testing period :)

(1)
    Here's a small slip off the side of a testing trail. No big deal really but it happened right at about the 1\2 point ... That means going back and starting over in this case as I'm sure it was rider error and not the bike. These off-chamber climbs \ turns always give me problems :(
    496_0469.JPG

--
    (2)
    This next issue was alcohol related :) ... I have been leaving home and riding to 1-3 different trails, doing the test pass on one bike per day and returning home. This works pretty well.

One day, I was moving to trail #2 and I passed a fiesta at a small sitto that has grown up from nothing in the 4 yrs I have been here. I mean there was nothing but dirt here when I arrived. Then a dozer came in and it has built into a few small stores now. I can usually get food and water here now.

A fiesta means beer, rum, brandy, food, karaoke, and maybe a cock fight ... These guys have seen me ride here often and the absolute best thing I can do to promote good-will, is to stop and have a bite and something to drink and socialize with the folks here :) ... Any language barriers sort of fade at times like this.

Here's my bar tender ... I purchased 3 bottles of beer (3 is my limit), this guy shared the bottles with whoever wanted a drink and always from an eye on my glass also ...
    496_0287.JPG

Here is the sitto (small village) that did not really exist ~3 yrs ago ... Not quite a metropolis yet but the stores are always open and have about all I need on my pit-stops. It's in a good location also.
    496_0305.JPG

Some action. These events last usually less than a minute.
    496_0297.JPG

After the beers, I went on and made the test pass and it felt OK.... But when I looked at the time, it did not fit well with the previous times (slower time) I had been logging on this 250cc 4t bike so I nulled out this pass and blamed the beer for the failure.
    Tinken and juicypips like this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Another thing that has happened a few times here, is the trails have changed ... People have put up fences on the freeway and I had to re-start all test passes... Then, there is also the weather... Sometimes rain can totally change a trail for the coming few days...

Here is a crash.... Totally unexpected and I'm not sure what I hit to cause it ... The cam shows that area as smooth but it is far from smooth as the accompanying pic shows ...
    CamansiFreeway_Crash_4t.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX9U0oCycR8
    juicypips and jerbear610 like this.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's a throttle hang ... A throttle hang ... Last one of these I had was too long ago to remember ... I'm sure I was a little excited when I stopped the bike and was looking for the cause at the throttle cables but I was not moving nearly as fast as it shows on the video ... Just the nature of a helmet cam I guess..

The bike felt a little weird on that 3rd step-up but I just used the rear brake to choke the bike ... Glad I was not on a 4-fitty ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHNDbPMVsuc

Never actually found what the problem was ... It hung a few more times and it sort of seemed like the block its' self was wedging in the CARB body ..
  4. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Is this test a comparison of your own bikes or for some kind of research (Mag or the like) ?
  5. Phaeton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 GASGAS EC 300 2007 KTM 200 XC
    Great work keep them coming.
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Ty always tells me to put down my beer and put on my gear... I always tell him that The only thing we have to fear is running Out of beer!
    robertaccio likes this.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This is just me trying to add a little structure to my riding and daily activities ... Its turning a few oddities from time to time ... Like when had a few drinks, my time went down instead up ... I thought I was going fast but it was slower than the other 4t bike ... maybe I did not drink enough or maybe I forgot how drink?

I always say it's for body pains and all that stuff ... Plus drinking it first makes me Husky ruff-ruff ;)
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Now this happens ... The road has been graded in a couple places(1 gnarly uphill :() and someone is building a hut or something right on the trail (3:52 mark) ... Its got a frame like a real building but has alot of other frilly stuff hanging off it ...Looks like they might be drying something there... Maybe some of that stuff they smoke here... smoookeee? ... Not the first time someone constructs something on a path ...New construction at 4:01 mark also across that creek ...They are always doing something to the land :P ... In any event, all testing here must be reset for this trail.

If I was getting paid by the hr for this testing, I could easily bankroll a new, new 250cc Husky :)

I'm probably gonna do a race Sunday, so testing is on the back burner again ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO7T1OMK5q0