1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 300 kits

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by haulin husky7, Apr 14, 2012.

1. haulin husky7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 txc310, 2000 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 TM 300en, 93 KLX650R, 1975 XR75
    Has anyone put the factory husky 300 kit on a 00-04 model wr250? I'd think it to fit the same as on the newer models that this kit is made for, a 300 on the 00-04 model would be great ecspecially with the wide ratio tranny the dang 5th gear in that bike would be crazy fast.
  2. WoodsRiderParts Husqvarna
    B Class

I have not tried one, but I would imagine a good port job would be good to get the most out of it. Eric Gorr sells a 265cc kit that can be ported to any style of power delivery you want. I have heard great things about it.
  3. dirtaddict23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a Gorr 265 kit, and while it runs great, the bore causes the cyl. wall to be too thin. The first time I pulled it apart, I found a hole in the cyl wall leading to the powervalve chamber. Being that I already had a new piston in hand, and it still ran fine, I reassembled it. I do consider the cyl. to be wasted now and next time I pull it apart I'll be installing a 300 kit.
  4. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.

Would love to see a pic of that!
  5. dirtaddict23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I suppose I should have taken one at the time, but seeing that this bike has moved pretty far down my priority list, it's not likely I'll have that cyl. back off anytime soon. But if I do.........
  6. dirtaddict23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

And in response to the original poster.........yea it is awesome with the six speed tranny. I would say the tranny is a much greater upgrade than a 300 kit. First gear is much more usable in the tight stuff, and sixth gear will take you up to about 82 comfortably, as opposed to 65mph that the 5 speed allows, without the gappy spacing of the real WR tranny's from '00-'02 or so.