1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 360 rear tire

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ryboj, Feb 22, 2013.

1. ryboj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00TE410_01TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    '03 Polaris Predator, '86 YZ490
    I never have to buy tires since I never ride enough sadly. However I did have to replace one on my 630, street tears things up, haha. Anyhow, I need a new rear tire on the 360, and do almost 100% desert riding with it, some loose sand, some wider trails and washes, hills, some hard terrain...dry conditions, never any mud or anything...etc.

Can someone give me a few great tires that will work well on the rear of this thing, and the size? Remember, this thing puts out...I need something that will hook up... I want to enjoy every ounce of HP this thing spits out. :applause:

Thanks!!
  2. NvRider55 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525ex, 250xc 2T, 200sx,300mxc
    Well tires are sort of like oil in that what one guy likes the next hates. I get about 40 hrs. out of the Pirelli XCMS 120/100, good for your conditions, also good in mud, downside is the thinner side wall for desert. The fronts start to chunk at about 30 hrs. but I run them too. I have also run the Maxxis SI on the rear too, heavy side wall a little less bite, wear about the same.
  3. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't ride your conditions but use maxxis desert it. Stiff tire no chunking, heavy and cheap. We've got lots of rocks works great there. Can run low pressures without pinch flats. Not good in mud though. Hard to install due to stiffness. 360's like em but too heavy for little motors.
  4. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Maxxis Desert IT on the 360...can't beat it!!!
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    me mate uses them^for finke desert race, he gave me one to use(he used it for prologue-little wear) on my bike but i never fitted it-too damn heavy i reckon for my type of riding & a 300! probly be sweet for the 360, cant see how youd ever get a flat with them things short of puncturing the actual tyre crown or sidewall, such a heavy carcass. hard core heavy duty tyre for sure!
  6. KHarrison Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1993 WXC 360
    Im also runnin the Maxxis Desert IT. Im runnin it in the Imperial Sand Dunes and Southwest Az, Never had an issue with them on my RM250 and all my buddies 250 4t's awesome tire all around
  7. ryboj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00TE410_01TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey thanks guys for the advice on tires. Again, just don't buy enough of them to know what works these days. Sounds like the Desert IT is the way to go then.....for sidewall protection, etc. Hopefully it's got enough bite to scoop up some desert floor with it too.. :) Thx too NVRider for the other option....but like you mentioned, sidewall can be a concern in the areas I'm riding, might want to stick with a little more meat. I'll shop around and pick one up....

By the way, what's the ideal tire size for this bike/tire combo? Thanks again.
  8. ryboj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00TE410_01TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    120 - 18? Will it fit ok..?
  9. NvRider55 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525ex, 250xc 2T, 200sx,300mxc
    Yep 120 works.
  10. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I've also used a Mitas CO-2 Stone King which is an excellent hard wearing desert tyre (heavy as well), the only issue with this tyre is it doesn't have the extra middle side knob that stops you from sliding (great if you like to speedway).
  11. placelast Husqvarna
    AA Class

12. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Maxxis Desert IT is a decent tire, I run it on my 610 and they are tough, hook up reasonably well, and last a while. They don't hook up well enough for me to use them on the small bike for east coast conditions, but for your conditions it would probably be a good choice.

Also look into the Pirelli XCMH. It's Pirelli's intermediate tire, tougher and bigger lugs than the XCMS. I run one on my DRZ and used it in baja, worked pretty well down there and wore well too, hardly looks worn after a good 400-500 miles including some pavement.
  13. ryboj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00TE410_01TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks guys for the help on this...and even some of the later recommendations. I tried the new Desert IT tire last weekend, and did well on the 360. Tough tire for sure. Didn't hook up as much as I thought it would, but certainly didn't disappoint. Now, I want to replace the stock Michelin that came on my 00 410 4T. It just doesn't do the bike justice, so that's my next deal.. I'll review the last few tires too...thanks all!
  14. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    I just put an IRC M5B 140/80-18 on my 99 360
    I am very pleased as it hooks up on all but the hardest dirt/terrain
    it was laying around as a spare for my 430
    but as little as that gets used these days and as the tire currently on it is the same and has good tread
    well it hooks up nice in climbing soft and medium terrain, works better than I was hoping in the sand,
    the pressure is set at 12-15, the higher pressure when I am in rocky terrain to protect the rim
  15. Dave19 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    98 ZX11, 04 SY Scorpa
    Have any of you guys tried a Motoz tire???? I'm looking at replacing my Pirelli MT16 with and IRC or a Motoz and was curious if anyone every tried one. I've heard they are good tires and I've heard from others that they don't like them at all.... I don't mind spending the extra $$ as long as it's worth it.
  16. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Do a search on this forum with the keyword "motoz" I have them on my wr -love em!
  17. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    What's important is to match others terrain and soil as well as riding type and style
    Lastly skill
    No tire does everything everywhere
    huskybear likes this.
  18. Dave19 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    98 ZX11, 04 SY Scorpa
    I have read the forums for days now.... It's a toss up between the Pirelli or the Motoz!!

It's BIG bike with torque and it's going to chew up tires for sure..... :D
  19. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Maxxis Desert IT....l'm telling ya only a StoneKing gets more mileage than the maxxis on my 360 - the rest (Bridgestone 404's, Michelin's, Pirelli's) offer better grip but l'm sick of chewing knobs of these tyres every third ride and getting a new tyre.
  20. pollolittle Husqvarna
    AA Class

I currently have the MOTOZ tractionator x-circuit ( I think ) on my 360. One week of riding for 4+ hours per day and no knobs gone. I had the michelin s-12 and it was not happy after a week of the same terrain riding.

Going around sandy corners excellent traction, up in rocky hill climbs or going down, I didn't have any problems. The best tire I've used so far. I thought for sure the knobs would be missing but nope.
    huskybear likes this.