1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 360 Rebuild question

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by surge, Sep 11, 2011.

1. surge Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR360, 2012 WR300
    So... Pulled the motor apart yesterday as the bike wouldn't fire up, took the head off and the barrel was literally full of coolant (little wonder it wouldn't start). Turns out the head has a tiny hairline crack that allows a hell of a lot of coolant through!
    As it's pulled down, it was suggested by my guiding hand (an uncle who's a lot handier with motors than me) that I might as well pop a new piston and rings in it. The bore looks sweet and will be fine for a while yet. This just leaves me wondering how I identify the correct size piston to order? I've taken snaps of the numbers on the barrel but I'm not sure if the bore is original etc, I'm a bit lost...a bit of help would be sweet, cheers!
  2. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE510 96 WR125 00 WR360 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    The piston crown may have some info on it.
    You will have to remove the carbon on top to be able to read the info.
    If not measure the piston with a digital vernier.
    What bike is it for?
  3. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    You'll need to order a new base gasket (or make one up @1-4mm gasket paper), take the o-ring head gaskets to CBC bearings and they can size up a new set.

Pop the piston off and scrub the top which should reveal the part number and the all important letter type of the piston which identifies the bore size that came out with your 360. the OEM piston is a Wossner and it's far cheaper to buy direct than, unfortunately, the local dealer.

Part No. 8076DA - A Type
    Part No. 8076DB - B Type
    Part No. 8076DC - C Type
    http://wossneronline.com/forged_pis...e=product_info&cPath=50_63_95&products_id=456

Like Ausky said, l would measure the piston just to see if it's tolerance and double check the size in comparison to the Wossner piston range. See my post below:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/piston-diagnosis.17196/#post-156823
  4. surge Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR360, 2012 WR300
    Thanks blokes, muach appreciated. The bike is in Myrtleford at the moment, asked my uncle to throw some calipers over it and to look for some carboned up markings, hopefully I can get the ball rolling shortly
  5. surge Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR360, 2012 WR300
    Bit of an update, she's back together after some other minor repairs, with a new piston and rings, and is angry as all hell!! I've gone through the run in procedure and she's ready to scare the pants off me.
    Cheers again for the help.
  6. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Magic!!! What type wossner did ya put back into the 360?