1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 36mm PWK A/S for WR150 ?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Vinduro, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Who sells 36mm PWK A/S kits for the small bore Husky ? I found out that the 35mm that I had won't work. 4mm too small at both ends. Same size as a 33mm PWK.
    I am getting frustrated with the 38mm carb. JD Jetting doesn't sell them.
  2. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think Kelly has them. I got a 36 from my local dealer who got it direct from Sudco. But if you are going 36 anyway I would look for a take off from a newer KTM. They fit in the boots better since they are about the same length as the stock Mikuni. I do not think the PWK 36 is available as an airstriker. I am not sure about the KTM carb (it's a PWM or something like that I think)
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nope, we get our from JD with the JD kit. Sudco, Carbparts warehouse or others can supply them.
  4. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 36mm I bought last fall that has about 10 hours on it that I can box up and send to you to test. The jetting in it is ballpark but definitely not close to perfect. The 36mm are Quad Vent but not Air Striker/Quad Vent like the 38mm. PM me.
  5. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    The 36mm take-offs from KTM's come up often in the ktmtalk classifieds. That's where I found mine.
  6. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Found you can only get the 36mm PWK AS from KTM. So I ordered one for the new KTM 150XC from one of my dealers. I guess I will see how that works out. Not too bad a price.
  7. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I got mine on e-bay, came off a late model KTM 250, and it is an air stryker. It is the same size as the mikuni, so it fits perfect. I think the KTM 250-300 woods bikes starting in '04 have them, not sure when the 200 changed. They come with a 6.5 slide which is a little richer than the 7 that came in Kelly's kit.
    I think my next move is the RB divider plate.
    GP
  8. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    I still think it is in the slide and the needle on the 38?

I looked at an old TMX that has the divider in it. Looks pretty simple to do at home. I am just going to make a carb template from the front to the slide, along with the slide shape. Go get a longer sawzall blade, put some tape around the end (So I don't tear my hands up), mark my depth on the blade, and do it by hand. Then transfer my template on a peice of metal the thickness of the sawzall blade, add some on the sides and put it in. Don't think it'll take but 30 mins and $10 to $20. Looks exactly like the one someone did on the TMX.
  9. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Say what? You are going to do what with a sawzall? I want to see this, can you make a video!!
    Do like we do in Tennessee, measure with a micrometer, mark it with a majic marker, and cut it with a chainsaw or now I guess a sawzall!
    seriously though, you are right about the right needle/jetting in the 38. I did not see a whole lot of difference between the 38 and 36 topend or bottom end, but I do believe the 36 is a little better, and I don't believe KTM would have gone to it even on a 300 if it wasn't. If I am not mistaken, I think they even use it on the 250sx now. By the way, I did also try a 6.5 slide in the 38 without much diffence.
    GP
  10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    No sawzall, fine tooth, stiff, sawzall blade by hand, and some patience. In fact they might of used a hacksaw blade in one of those straight holders? It sure looks like that's how they did it. I pulled the insert out and it sure wasn't machined, cut perfect. There were some marks like where the blade scratched the inside bore. It also could have been done at home some time as well? You could probably tape along your cutting edge to protect it. It sure made that carb one stump pulling son of a gun. I was going to steal the TMXX off the RM before we sold it. I put that TMX carb/jetted it. It made the RM have one heck of a bottom end. It made me a believer.
  11. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

dartyppyt: I'm interested - please take pictures of your process if you do it!

I wonder why the carb or bike makers don't use dividers if they really do help performance? Seems like it would be worth the few bucks it would cost them.
  12. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I did this witha set made by someone a long time ago
    Plates for and aft of slide with holes drilled trhough both
    Bell side was an easy notch as it could not go anywhere
    reed side was notched and a slide pin point dab of JB weld in the outside corner for insurance. ran great from 04 to when I sold it in 07 and is still going with the current owner.
  13. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I ran a 36mm PWK on my 07 WR125 with a FBF 135 cyl and it was great. No complaints with it.
  14. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If somebody that wants a 36mm PWK A/S (2011 KTM 150XC) contact me direct as I can put them on a real deal for a complete new carb !!
    I struck the deal today with the parts manager of one of my shops and he said if the person is a Cafe Husky Member, asked for him direct and mentioned my name that he would honor that price. I don't think that could be beat . Better than even I got. This would have saved me about $35 or more because of shipping . Save someone else at least $100 or more from retail.
    Dwight Rudder
  15. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What was your jetting ?
  16. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    Search mine and ScottyR's posts on thumpertalk, he sold me the same carb.

IIRC I was running a 162-165 main JD Blue or CCK in the middle and 42-45 pilot, slide I'm not sure would guess 6.5-7?

I ended up going back to a 38 with RB work and still run that carb on my 09 144. But I ride mostly sugar sand so the top end scream is appreciated.
  17. topari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mikuni also make a TMS 35 and 38. This is a lectron type design which does not use a seperate pilot circuit.
  18. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Never heard of this type. I used to run Lectron back in the 70s. Great carbs. I always wondered why Mikuni and Keihin didn't further develop this idea. Like Fuel injection without the complexity.
  19. topari Husqvarna
    AA Class