3rd annual North East Husqvarna Gathering --- August 2009

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Coffee, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I just talked to Terry Fox at foxpowersports.com in New York (315-866-1200). Extremely nice and helpful person. He is putting on the 3rd annual North East Husky Gathering.

The gathering is August 21, 22, 23 which is much earlier this year to avoid the more inclement weather (remember the hurricane going up the eastern seaboard last year on it's way to the gathering?).

But that means time is very short and if people are going they need to send the information asap. Preferably before August.

Below is a partial cut / paste from an email I've received from him, hopefully it makes sense. If I've made a mistake please correct me. There is also a Word document attached.

I will be donating 4 Cafe Husky contributing memberships that can be raffled off. That is about the only thing I can think of that I can give that would be unique. I will also send some vinyl graphics/stickers to him. He can either raffle or give those out as he sees fit.

It warms my heart to know there are good people like Terry. :thumbsup:

============================================

Last year’s event was the second of its kind, and despite the heavy rain on Saturday, it drew even more riders than the first year. Our hope this year is to draw even more enthusiasts than in the past two years combined, which is obtainable do to the exceptional riding facility with 350 acres of tracks & trails, open for any caliber rider. In the past, the ages of attendees were ranging from 8 to 80, which emphasizes, the Husqvarna Motorcycle name touches a wide range of people.

This year’s location is Thunder Ridge Sports Complex, off Route 8, 130 Michael Lane, South Edmeston, NY 13411

www.thunderridge.biz (Just down the road from the world famous Unadilla Valley MX Track)

(Arrows will be up on event days to facilitate guiding the Husky faithful)

There is ample level parking, primitive camping and miles and miles of marked trails, an AMA district MX track section, as well as several other practice tracks, (for the MX guys and some of the Senior/vintage folks out there).

This year’ schedule is; Friday Night: Camping and Registration

Saturday: Ride all day

Saturday Night: Chicken BBQ, Bench Racing, Raffles, and Bon-fire

Sunday: More riding, including 2 or 3 man team competitions with multiple riding challenges

Of course, the big highlight of the weekend is the 2 days of riding, however ranked second is Saturday night’s time spent together as a group. This is “Bench Racing” at it’s best, with our favorite beverages included .This is the best opportunity for the riders to discuss our likes, and/or dislikes, and the various forms of ownership support. Saturday night after dinner, is also the best time to do our charity raffle.

Each year, since it’s inception, the Northeast Husky Gathering has taken all it’s proceeds from the event, and have given the entire amount to a deserving off road enthusiast, or family member, who has a financial need, due to a medical condition. Our hope is to let the recipient know that we care, by donating every little bit we can, to help them through their financial strain. This year we have 2 recipients in mind; 1 with MS, and the other, a child losing his eyesight at the young age of 6.

Attached Files:

2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Should be another great husky get together. Sure wish I could make it.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Sounds great.:thumbsup: Wish I weren't out here on the left-out coast.:(
  4. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ok......its been a week...........awful quiet.........who's planning on going?
    Wheres all the vintage guys from the east coast? There is a SWEEEEET vintage style MX track there that is very user friendly. Lots of trail too for the off roader too.

Joe
  5. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just noticed this. Are their any canucks with trailer space going, passing through Fort Erie?
  6. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

Not passing through there,,but if you bring your bike and self 2 hours south I can give ya a ride from there. I'm not much help to ya,,but the offer is what counts,,right:excuseme:
  7. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

I plan on going this year for sure,,,I think jkm from this site is also going to it. If he does,,I hope he brings the motorhome so I wont have to set up the tent:lol:....Haven't talked to Fran or Harvey in awhile,,,so I can't say for sure on them. Is Norman gonna be able to make it??? Pete will probably make it to I'm thinking.
  8. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    I'm planning on going-need to get my info in. No vintage this year unless I get a loan. bringing my two smoke and 4 banger and pit bike. Thunder Ridge is a great place! Well worth the trip.
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I'll be there for part of it, but have to take my daughter to College. :cheers:
  10. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the offer, I'll take it if no ones coming by this way, now I just have to pray I get my passport in time, sending it out tomorrow hopefully. I can ride my bike down to your location. :cheers:
  11. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

If you'll need help loading anything,,let us know Norman:thumbsup:
  12. allphazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky te 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta 350rr & 250rr
    We'll be there (probably 4 of us). Pete, we'll be happy to feed you in the camper again this year if we can put our bike under your ezup Hopefully we won't have to put the bike IN the camper this year to get it home. Anyone heard from Dave and Heather? Haven't been able to get in touch with them..Hope to see you all there.. Bob and Pam
  13. HuskyMax Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Bob and Pam how have you guys been? Did you get your hitch fixed? Man that was pretty hairy huh.

I dont know if we can make it this year on short notice and other issues. If I dont see you guys, have a great time and be safe.
  14. allphazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky te 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta 350rr & 250rr
    Hey Dave sorry you wont make it this year. I will p.m you.
  15. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just registered & can't wait to get there. If anyones humming & hawwwing about it, time to register is running out.
    Hope to meet many fellow Husky riders & put faces to the names :cheers: :thumbsup:

Just praying my passport arrives in time:eek:
  16. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

just sent in my pre-entry,looks like I have a break in my schedule to make the weekend,hope to see quite a few new huskys to demo!!
  17. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Last years event was great! I met some really great folks though that is no surprise. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll make it this year as I have commitments both work and home that conflict.
  18. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

The Venue Thundre ridge is A beautyful place with A sort of natural terrain MX track the ride up is very senis anyone who attends is in for A treat:D:applause:
  19. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

You going to be able to make it to the gathering this year,Drew??
  20. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Anyone gonna have I-beat stuff there to help us not having it/far from a dealer?

Joe