1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 6, 8 or 10 oz FWW for CR165????

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by PC., Jan 14, 2013.

1. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Got my second ride on the 165 yesterday and I'm still floored at how powerful it is. And I'm not talking how powerful it is for a small bore...its a powerful motor, period!

Anyways, I think I want to add a FWW to my cr165 and noticed Steahly has a 6,8,10 &12oz. I think the 12 will be overkill for this motor, so I'm debating between the other 3.

I put a 9oz on my yz250 years ago and couldn't even tell it was there, but that bike has much more crank mass. Anyone have any experience or an opinion on weighting a small bore crank? I dont want to drastically alter the power delivery, but I could use some help with stalling and not blowing out the tire in the corners and on hillclimbs. I'm leaning towards the 8oz.

Any input is appreciated!
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I would lean twords the 8 too. I know they aren't for everybody but I installed a Rukluse EXP on my 165 and I love how easy it is to ride in the woods. I can chugg this thing up muddy/slippery hills a gear or two high and don't have to worry about stalling or spinning. I know it's cheating but I'm OLD :oldman:.
  3. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don't know how heavy it is but I run the stock WR ignition and flywheel. I don't want a lighter one.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    After riding your rocket of a high comp beast I would say 10-12 or you will not even feel it.

- Where did you ride? I rode DM with Adam and ran into Travis. Still lots of snow so we just rode the bottom of everything.
  5. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    12 ounce...

You can always have RB toss it in a lathe and turn it down.

I put a 12 ounce on my wifes kx100, they recommended against it at the time but it works great for her and that bike still rips.

Later,
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    With a rough bath rm scale measurement the wr flywheel is .4kg heavier which is roughly 1 lb in the old scale .
    Would retarding the ignition be an option?
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    He really just needs to get the compression back to stock.
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

RB can do that too.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep, that what I would do. His bike is stinking FAST but I hate race gas and it is too snappy for what we ride IMHO. Going to be fighting it.
  10. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I dont want to do that though. At least not yet.
    I want to ride this thing as-is on the track once the weather warms up in its current state, but I wouldn't mind making it a little more woods friendly in the meantime. I think I'll go with the 12oz and reduce weight if needed (good point Jake!) and then just remove it for mx & dez riding.

I rode with mxmike at Jordans yesterday. That's where I thought you guys would be too, but no dice.
    Its supposed to warm up this week and hopefully get back to snow melting weather cause trying to ride below 500' is hard.
  11. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    PC did the good deed of the day and moved that elk carcas off the trail!
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Never move the speed bumps :D.
  13. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

YECH !
  14. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Have you thought at all about a G2 throttle? They make a bunch of different cams, but the kit has three to pick from. Maybe using the 300X-slippery conditions cam would tame your beast for trails and go to the 100X cam for nice traction MX style? Just a thought...
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good that sucker was stinking up the woods. I just rode by fast. Odd how it was right in the trail like that!
  16. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Speed bump...you guys need to slow down!
  17. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

SPLAT !
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It about knocked you off your bike from the smell. Big too. No idea how he moved that without making himself a mess.
  19. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    he said he and MXMike grabbed two big sticks, and pushed....

They did their part. I feel Adam did enough trail clearing for all of us that day.. :lol:
  20. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Back to the topic of fww or some way to tame for trailee riding. Brandon, find yourself an 08 or later KTM 200 xcw cdi and wiring harness. All the plugs fit the stock husky CR ignition and get the ktm remote toggle switch. In the lo setting it is perfect for tight gnarly stuff with no hit and mellow. Bolt that and a 38mm lectron and you are ready for any riding with only a flip of the switch without having to mess with fww or reducing your compression.
    robj likes this.