1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc '92 WXC360 Petcock Question

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by TARKaw, Oct 29, 2012.

1. TARKaw Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '92 WXC360
    Other Motorcycles:
    '03 KLX300, 07 KLX250s
    Hi,

I picked up my first ever Husky a 1992 WXC360 over the weekend and have a question about the fuel petcock. It has two outlets; one goes to the carb (as I would expect) and the other goes in the opposite direction and is capped off. I am not sure what the purpose of this capped of path is. While in the "on" position fuel flows to the carb and not to this alternate capped off path. If I move the lever to "reserve" fuel flows to this capped off path.

Worked great to check the gas in the tank, but I am niot sure what it is really for or if it effects the bike when I need to go to reserve.

Any of you Husky owners know about this?
  2. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

It goes to a hose and then to the other side of the gas tank so you get every last drop instead of having to lean the bike to the left to get the gas from right side of tank.
  3. TARKaw Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '92 WXC360
    Other Motorcycles:
    '03 KLX300, 07 KLX250s
    Ah - ok so I will need to take a closer look at my tank to find the other side. Right now it is capped off at the petcock and goes (or comes from nowhere) so if I ran out of fuel I would need to lean my bike over to get the fuel from the right side. Sounds like I need to find the outlet on the other side of my tank and run a new line.

Thanks for the info!
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The outlet is on the petcock, there should be 2 places to attach fuel line. One line goes in (from the other side of the tank) and one goes to the carb. There are even arrows on the petcock if you look closely.
  5. TARKaw Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '92 WXC360
    Other Motorcycles:
    '03 KLX300, 07 KLX250s
    Went out and took a look. it appears that there is a block-off plate where that right side tank outlet would be.
    Tank 1.jpg

Tank 2.jpg