1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 95 WR 360 clutch lever on the engine very soft - not working - what can it be?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by belogerer, Apr 11, 2013.

1. belogerer Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 360
    Long story short

reassembled the bike after winter everything was fine....after i put the engine on the frame i started it for maybe 5 minutes...that's all...new oil (motul) in....new electrics...new carb...engine working fine..etc...etc...all was made in neutral...
    when I tried to hook the clutch cable I noticed that the cluch lever on the engine which was very stiff and very very hard to pull now is soft and not working....what can it be the problem?

the clutch assembly is new changed last year in august and has like 500 km on it...was working fine before i put the engine on the frame and started it..

please post your ideeas..i will work on the bike the day after tomorrow all day and i need all the help i can get...
  2. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE510 96 WR125 00 WR360 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    Did the ball bearing for the rod go back in?
  3. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    It is a simple system take it apart to see if it is put back together correctly
  4. belogerer Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 360
    Strange thing is that I didn't work at all on the engine...just take out the cluch cover, painted it and put it back...i didn't even touch a screw there..
  5. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    Could be a fluke just happened at the same time
    Pretty sure it is like most huskys and has a cam type shaft not home t look but check the parts list for this
  6. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Check the cable ball in the lever move's freely, l had the same sort of symptoms when l changed over to an aftermarket lever, the cable ball and cable was getting snagged between the lever and perch.

7. belogerer Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 360
    problem solved - thank you guys!

on the center of the clutch there is a rod that is pushing the clutch pressure plate through a metall ball. I think they are the original parts from 1995 and in time from the normal usage they shortened and the metal rod slipped from the shaft.