1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 95 wxc 360 carb choice?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by justintendo, Jul 14, 2013.

1. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    hey guys, just picked up a 360 and the po put an old keihin pe roundslide on it...this means it has a different throttle and cable as well...its still a domino but has a super short tube on it. he seems to have it jetted well as i think he liked these carbs..also appears the intake boot was trimmed back a bit to accomodate the girth of the roundslide
    question is...what carb should i put back on this? i plan on getting a new throttle and a new cable of course...an intake boot as well...i did get the original manual and the original carb was the tm. im familiar with these and have jets. is there something else i should look for? im not after cutting edge tech but would like a setup that works well. thanks for any input guys..
  2. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE510 96 WR125 00 WR360 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    I would try a 38mm lectron. No hassles after initial set up and better fuel economy
    Give Motosportz a call or send a pm to Kelly.
  3. ccoady Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1993 WXE 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 KTM 450, 2006 RM 250
    I've heard nothing but good results from 38/39mm Keihin PWK Air Striker swap on Husky and other bikes that came factory with Mikunis. I'm not sure how much different it is from the Keihin Roundslide, but I'd just get a carb/throttle cable combo. They're all over ebay.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    PWK or Lectron. I prefer the Lectron by a good margin.
  5. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've had a 360 for the past 10 years. I'm gonna buck the trend and say jet your TM properly. I've had Keihin PJ on mine (never tried the PWK so ?) and really runs smoother with the TM. Keihin seemed to make more power but more difficult to ride at steady throttle or slow speed. My 360 is happy with my TM when its clean and jetted properly.
    2premo and Motosportz like this.
  6. outdoorsman166 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250/1987 430xc
    Just run the keihin flat slide after all u have had both of mine running good this year lol. Cant wait to ride soon with that beast 360
  7. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    well, its not a flatslide...its about a 1980 keihin roundslide and it isnt fitting too well in the airbox boot its so long...if i was going to run a roundslide i would use a vm, since i have so many of them along with jets...thanks for the suggestion coleman, but i dont have a tm on it, nor did it come with one. altho is kinda sounded like i said it came with one......

for those who are suggesting a pwk, will any 38mm pwk work? with the right jets of course? they are on ebay but for the price a new one might be in the works..

hows the vacation goin outdoorsman? youre missing some nice weather in pa for once
  8. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    I will say I have had a 93 360 for about 8 years, it has the OEM Mikuni, is easy to start and ride
    not sure what the gripe is with these as mine works fine, was having problems with my 99 and another member here was helping me work on it due to my current time restraints, he put a Keihin he had on it and the problem turned out to be the ignition, without knowing what's going on with anyone else's engine I will say the Mik works fine on mine and I get about the same mileage as a friends 360 with the Keihin, before you replace anything get a baseline power mileage etc., then you change one item at a time and record the results, then you have something to fall back on
    as for the Lectron I am curious about the application, but before someone tells me about it I want to hear how great their bike was and this was still an improvement, mostly I hear just change it, not very scientific in my estimation, still curious about the Smart Carb
  9. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    2premo, Lay aside your doubt of the difference the Lectron makes. The scientific explanation would have to do with the difference in atomization.
    On my 167 (36mm Lectron) it cleaned up the whole powerband. Idles so sweet almost like a 4stroke, and no more spooge. I have a revving top end where before it just flattened out, and the same bottom 'just roll it on' power that I fell in love with.
  10. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    i was suprised to hear about the poor tm mikuni performance, as my older mik carbs have performed awesome on many older machines, especially swede huskies...imay go this route for now so i can get it to stock at least...altho the bike runs great now...the job the po did is a bit hack for my tastes...thanks so much for anyones input..i do have quite a bit of mikuni parts
  11. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Something else to keep in mind when swapping carbs on these 360's is how big the cases are in comparison to where the carb bowl sits. There is very little room for a carb with much of a bowl. The Keihin PJ I have has a modified bowl so it wouldn't hit the top of the case.
    And those rubber intake boots were getting pretty hard to come by last time I tried.
  12. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    yup, the older keihin on it is just about sitting on the case... im starting to wonder...its alot easier to find parts for the huskies i have 10 years older...its a shame, seems like a great package of a bike.
  13. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Since so many have replaced the Mikuni with a Lectron you should be able to pick up a Mikuni pretty cheap. I have one that came off my 09 WR250. I'd sell it but haven't tried too because I figured it wouldn't bring much.
  14. outdoorsman166 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250/1987 430xc
    Vacation is great so far. Havent had a bad storm yet even though they have ben close