96 te610

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by carl r, Dec 17, 2010.

1. carl r Husqvarna
    C Class

hey peeps.....i have a96 te 610....just given it a good going over ready for some green lane fun....pulled the carb..the kets were all over the place..:banghead:so fitted all new jets as per manual to get a base to work from if she runs like a bag of poo....
    does anyone know what the black plunger is on the left hand side of the carb...should it be in or out...:excuseme:

cheers

carl
  2. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    That black plunger should be the choke and it should pushed be in for normal use. you pull it out to choke the bike for starts.
  3. carl r Husqvarna
    C Class

the choke is on a cable that runs to as small lever on the right hand side ..it bolt to a bracket on the inlet rubber..........not unless it has 2 ?
  4. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    This is a Keihin flat slide? If that is the case you have 2 knobs I'm not sure if they are black and red which is what most are on this type of carb.The flat slide is a good carburator,if they are black and red(the knobs) the black is the cold start choke and is out to choke or start cold,and in to run.The red would be the hot start button to be used when the bike is stalled to make hot starts easier,pull out to start when hot,the in position would be the normal position when you are riding the bike.The one bike I have with this type of carb has the black button toward the front of the carb and the red behind it.
  5. carl r Husqvarna
    C Class

it's a dellorto carb....hasm phm 40...but from what i've read there's a few variations of it....the plger i've got is a hot start....bu i've yet to find out how if at all to set it...with the motor warmed up she will idle well with the plunger out....if i push it in with the motor running she revs high....and if i try to start her with the plunger in i usually get a kick back...ouch....