1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 99 WR 125 Powervalve assembly

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jason380, Apr 25, 2013.

1. jason380 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 KTM 380, 03 RM 250, 06 KTM 450
    Hey folks,
    I'm reassembling my WR 125 and have a bit of a hangup with the powervalve actuation system. Is there any free play in the lever that opens the PV? I have the manual but it doesn't give much detail in that regard. If I adjust to where I think it should be there is a little bit of spring tension on it due to the engagement of the governor spring which you have to push against to get it to line up with the linkage. Any tips? Next time I'll mark it, but of course I forgot this time.
    Thanks,
    Jason
  2. jason380 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 KTM 380, 03 RM 250, 06 KTM 450
    It appears this may be an area of concern on these bikes? I tried searching more last night and some have noted a possible condition of the powervalve not closing all the way due to slop in the linkage even on the correct tooth due to the bolt location on the lever and wear on the actuation spring on top at the PV mount. So it seems to be a combination of things throwing me off. Where I have it now, it's not getting forced to the closed position by spring tension. There is approximately 1/4" free play before you feel it engage the PV. I think I may be able to adjust this out by loosening that bolt and adjusting the lever location. Sound right? Or am I missing something?