A break in ride for my new street scoot. 04/09/15

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Nope. It's not a Husky, but it is a close relative to the TE 450 that is my garage, as they both have the same manufacturer's sticker on them.:)

I picked up my new MV Agusta Brutale 675 from Motoforza last Tuesday morning, and took it for a break in ride on Thursday. 245 miles of mixed freeway, and backcountry roads, over two mountains, and past 3 lakes. Starting from Esondido, up the 15 to Temecula, east to Sage road, into Hemet, though the town of San Jacinto, east to Banning, south to Idylwild for lunch, south to Garner Valley, over to Anza, down to Warner Springs, over the top of Palomar mountain and home past Lake Wohlford, all on a balmy spring day. The other machine is Jeff's new Rivale 800.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    silverpilen, 454x, Bill502 and 10 others like this.
  2. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    OOH LA LA!
    ray_ray and Dirtdame like this.
  3. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Damned nice bike. This sport is $oooo addicting. I've got a dirt bike, a dual sport and now I'm looking at adding an FJ-09 to the mix. No one understands the obsession.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  4. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Nice rides!
    Dirtdame likes this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Thats a nice looking bike ... That chopped exhaust out back is the current trend for these types bikes?

One thing about street riding, you will not get that pounded out body that accompanies riding in the dirt ... One day you'll understand that if you ride forever ...Ride safe out there...
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I think that MV just wants a dynamic profile with the whole rear wheel showing. The exhaust also says "hey look at me. I'm a triple!"

I have spent quite a bit of time on street bikes over the years. Some of my early street bikes included the Yamaha R5 350, the infamous Kawasaki H1 triple 500, a slew of various sized KZs, and later on the GPZ 550, Ninja 600, and FZR 600. Also went through the "Harley faze", but wanted to get back on something sporty, but comfy at the same time. My sport days may be behind me, but I can cruise in style on the Brutale, and have the power and handling for those rare occasions when I am feeling somewhat spunky.
  7. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    You have once again shown your impeccable taste.:)
    Norman Foley and Dirtdame like this.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You pull up on that bike and you are fast by default ... Giving a couple throttle blips leaving and you are cemented as fast ...

It's hard to tell from the pic but does that bike put pressure on the wrists when riding? That daytona I had way back there killed my wrists ... After an ~hr, maybe less, my busted wrist felt like an ice pick was in it .. Dirt biking would take several hrs before it got that bad ...
  9. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The bike is very well thought out for riding position and comfort. The handlebars are very "dirtlike" in their shape and height. You can crouch over them for aggressive riding, or sit upright easily without having to reach too far. Throttle pull is very light, but my throttle hand was still achy after a full day in the saddle. Getting old sucks. Other than that, nothing went numb or got sore or cramped. Saddle is shaped right and not too hard. Seating postion is spread out properly. It's all good.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  11. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Yeah! Tough gettin old but we also look forward to your ride report from the nursing home some day!
    That's when you get your new scooter there!

Ride the heck out of them beauty's !
    Dirtdame likes this.
  12. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Congrats on the new ride. I remember you've been lusting after one for a while now. Gotta ask though...The boom that the plate and turn signals are attached to. Is it just me or does that scream "I'm only here to be legal!" They must have a solution I imagine.
  13. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I don't know about any solutions. The other bike, the Rivale has a setup that comes off the swingarm, and so does the Dragster version of the Brutale. The turn signal/license plate holder set up doesn't bother me.
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Wicked!:oldman:
    Dirtdame likes this.
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Not sure if I even qualify for the 'shade-tree' status mechanic, but I did just put rings in a bike and had to break-it-in, or more specifically, the new piston rings need to be seated to the cylinder. So, I utilized the internet instead of going to library to read a book like before the net was here, to get info on how to do this procedure.. Sounds weird putting it that way? Myself, I do remember life before and it was a good life, maybe only to me ...

DD, did you attempt to do anything to your new bike on this ride to break the bike 'in' (whatever 'in' means here) ?
  16. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    After owning many new bikes over the decades, I have decided that "break in" consists of not constantly running the bike at high RPMs, so the Brutale was run under 7000 RPMs for the most part. Lots of gentle acceleration is good to help break the rings in.
    Motosportz likes this.
  17. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Picked this up late DD. Love your new steed. Happy rip roaring.
    Dirtdame likes this.