A little riding after our first rain(N.Cal)

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by CKPC, Oct 18, 2009.

1. CKPC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Did a little riding last Friday in the Sierra's of N.Cal with "cmonomo". Conditions were perfect after the rain we got last week. Nothing crazy just some good times!!

Attached Files:

2. CKPC Husqvarna
    AA Class

A couple more shots

Attached Files:

3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I was in the Southern Sierras (Mammoth Lakes) Friday and saw a couple of guys riding, one on a Husky. I was out at the local informal shooting range doing some blasting because I hadn't taken the bike with me.

Not as lush as the area in your pics.
  4. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I like your choice of back tire on the 510.:D

Must hook up really good in the forest and they leave such a soft foot print on the trail.

:cheers:
  5. CKPC Husqvarna
    AA Class

After my first ride on a trails tire a year or two ago I will never go back. I've got my son on one as well (KDX 220) and I told "cmonomo" I wouldn't let him buy anything else till he tries one on his 310. How can you argue with something that doesn't rip up the trails and at the same time allows you to climb just about anything!!
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Looks wonderful.:thumbsup: We're still waiting for any real rain down here in the southern part of the state.:thumbsdown:
  7. STmatt Husqvarna
    B Class

I'm trying to decide where to go this coming Friday. And I can't figure out where you guys went. I'm thinking about going to Georgetown or off of Hwy 20. It looks like you had some perfect conditions.
  8. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Wow...that dirt looks sweet!

I was at Stonyford for the weekend and conditions could not have been better :thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  9. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Couple of days of rain here in the Sierras (Mammoth). Raining and snowing right now. Don't know how far south the wetness got.
  10. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Not far enough....:p
  11. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Was that GT, CKPC ? Looked like that or Foresthill... or Elkins or Goldnote...hell,
    I don't know... it all looks the same. I was up in the El Dorado NF on Sunday up there
    off Forbay. There is some of the most supreme single track up there that no one knows
    about including me till I stumbled upon it. Even the two-track up there is frickin pristine
    and it goes on forever. We got lost on Sunday and it took us a while to figure out how to get back to the truck. We made back thanks to a family of quadtards who steered us in
    the right direction.

Attached Files:

12. CKPC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nope not GT, it's off HWY 4. There is not a lot of single track up there mostly jeep trails, but knowing people up there I have been shown quite a bit more (and no I don't ride anywhere that is not legal or I don't have permission).

HWY 4 has much less then any of the other routes up the Sierras but having a place to stay and friends up there makes it perfect for me. I would like to hit some of the other areas more often though - GT, Elkins, Goldnote, Foresthill. I've only been to each a couple times because I really don't know the area. Plus I am no racer so finding people that ride at a more relaxed pace doesn't always work.
  13. JimO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TE 450, '08 TE 510, '10 TXC 450
    We got 10" of rain in Santa Cruz Mts. I rode at Hollister Hills SVRA then Sand Hill MX in Livermore.

Nice rain...

Cya Jim
  14. CKPC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mo and I decided to head back up to the same area before it dried out. Another day of fun! I love the Fall!!!

Attached Files:

15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I should have gone with you... what a wasted day today was....