A Message From Scot Harden

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Husky Relic, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    Fellow Husqvarna Enthusiasts,

As has been reported elsewhere on this site I am leaving Husqvarna at the end of September and have in fact already relinquished my day to day responsibilities for the company. I just wanted to drop you all a short note to say thanks to members of CafeHusky for all your support and feedback over the past two years. To say that Husqvarna has a very loyal and enthusiastic fan base is an understatement. For this reason alone I am sure that Husqvarna is in great hands and will reach all new heights in the years to come.

This site has been a great resource for information and feedback and to check the pulse of the loyal Husqvarna fan base. As a result of what has been shared in these forum's I have tried to apply many of the comments and suggestions provided here by all of you into Husqvarna’s product development plans and the services it provides. I have several people I would like to thank that were particularly helpful to me and provided great feedback, constructive criticism and most important of all encouragement through this process.

I want to thank Dean Briggs for all he has done through this site to contribute to the resurgence of the brand. Your hard work and contribution to Husqvarna is truly amazing and I can’t thank you enough for all the effort you put into making this site a positive experience for all who enter. I wish you nothing but the best and hope this site grows a thousand fold in the years to come. Your contribution cannot be measured!

To Robertaccio, thanks for always being there and for being a good friend and someone I could lean on for help and input. Your friendship and support is greatly appreciated. Best of luck with all your future endeavors and with Brux. I wear my Brux appliance every time I ride and feel naked without it.

To Kelly at Motorsportz, thank you so much for all the technical feedback and for being such a strong advocate for the brand. As far as I’m concerned Husqvarna should call the 2012 WR150 the “Kelly” replica for all you have done to champion this model. Keep up the good work and don’t be surprised to see me on your doorstep in Idaho one of these days to go riding.

To Norman Foley, thanks for always being a voice of reason and for bringing your years of experience to the discussion. Your input was always constructive and useful.

To Joe Chod, thanks simply for being you. Your enthusiasm, wit, humor and pure love for Husqvarna is unmatched by anyone and I mean anyone. Husqvarna is so fortunate to have your support. If there is such a thing as “heart and soul” to a brand you are it!

There has been a lot of speculation about my departure from Husqvarna and what my future plans are. Some fancy themselves “insiders” and “experts” and try to position themselves as authorities on most every topic. It’s natural for some to only think the worst that somehow my leaving is connected to problems, challenges or differences of opinion that can’t be overcome. It’s hard for some to accept just what the press release says that I’m leaving to pursue a new opportunity which is indeed the case.

I have been extremely blessed through my professional motorcycle racing and business career. For some reason the Good Lord has given me opportunities to pursue my dreams and visions and to lead a life truly as Joseph Campbell would say, “Following my bliss”. To be associated with Husqvarna just once on a lifetime would be a great blessing, but now to be associated with the brand on two separate occasions is just beyond belief. I do not take these blessing lightly and am forever grateful to the management at Husqvarna for allowing me to be a part of this amazing brand again.

And now its time to move on to my next adventure and I can't wait! Details of my future plans will be announced shortly. In the meantime, I can tell you that I will continue to ride Husqvarna motorcycles whenever I can and that I plan to keep a close tabs on what the company is up to. My son Brent just returned from a month at the factory getting trained on the new 449/511 models and may have a role to play in the company in the future if all things work out so in one way a Harden may still provide some contribution to moving the brand forward. I can tell you Brent was extremely impressed on what he learned about the new bikes and has me itching like crazy to give a fully finished production version of the TXC449 a ride.

In closing I will just say thanks again for all your support. Although I'm sure I've made mistakes along the way, I've always had the best interest of Husqvrana at stake. It's been an honor and a privilege to be associated with all of you. May God bless you. I look forward to participating in the discussion as a member of CafeHusky for years to come!

Regards,

Scot Harden
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good luck going forward Scot and thanks for letting us know.

BTW if you come to ride with me in Idaho you will be one state east of me :>) Come on out, fall is excellent here and we have some truly epic trails. Just bring ride gear, got the rest.

Take care / don't be a stranger.
  3. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thanks for all your hard work and dedication Scot! Husky as a brand, and us as husky enthusiast's are much better off for having you with us the last 2 years. Here's wishing you the best of luck and unparalleled success in what ever your next adventure may be. :thumbsup: Stop in from time to time and say hi.
  4. rajobigguy Administrator

Scott:
    Thanks for sharing with us. Best of luck in you're new venture, I'm sure that you will do what you always do and come out on top.
    It's been a real pleasure having you as a member of our forum and we hope that you will continue to be an active member.
    Husqvarna and us in the Husky community owe you a great deal of gratitude for helping to move our beloved brand to such a competitive positon in the industry. Keep us up to date on what you're doing, I'm sure that it must be pretty interesting stuff.:cheers:
  5. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Best of luck to you Scot. Thanks for your contributions to Husky and this site. :thumbsup: :cheers:
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Where was that you said you were going?? Just kidding.

Hope to see Brent railing the new 450 at a ride or race near me.

Scot thanks for checking in, and thank you for the BRUX props as well.

As for the HUSKY brand fan side of things, thanks for putting on the Harden race face during your tenure at the new Husqvarna and getting the US interest going strong.
  7. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
  8. JimO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TE 450, '08 TE 510, '10 TXC 450
    Hope you have great motorcycle endeavors in your near future. It was great watching you race in Baja back in the day and that definately got me interested in Baja.

If you are moving to Zero Scot, I'll be seeing you a lot as they are my neighbors in Santa Cruz and I do some informal testing with them on a friends mx track.
    C ya Jim.
  9. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Thx Scot for setting things straight.:thumbsup:
    All the best with your new position. Like Kelly said don't be a stranger and pop back now and then.
    You'll always be known as Husky Relic.

:cheers:
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I am truly sorry to see you go Scot, even if you are 'going to a better place' so to speak. This forum will definitely not be the same without you communicating back to the factory the input from the members of this site. If Brent is involved, perhaps on a really informal basis?

I am also glad you consider this sites existence a good thing, there were times that I am sure it was difficult exchanging information on this site. :)

If you want to provide a way for people to contact you in the future please feel free to do so.

It has been an interesting 2 years hasn't it? Much was done by many people, especially you. I will be quite interested what will come from the factory in the future, which I am sure you have given your input on, and to see if they used that input.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting me attended the last 2 dealer meetings, especially the Vintage Motorcycle Days last month in Ohio. I will always remember that. :thumbsup:

Once again, thank you very much Scot Harden for all you have done for us, and please do come back when you can.

:cheers:
  11. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sootts words show an abundance of class, and show he relly understands the enthuest nature of the motercycle industrie. I'm sure we all hope for your continued success.
  12. CARL REHATCHEK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Great job Scot and your truely a class act.. I'm sure your Heart and soul will remain with Husqvarna and wish you in bringing continued sucess to any position and job you touch as you move on in the life cycle(pun intended)

There are 3 types of people in the world today

Ones that "MAKE" things happen
    Ones that "WATCH" things happen
    And ones that "WONDER" what happened

and you fit in right in the first line..

Good Luck

The Rehatchek Family
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Scot,
    Thanks for the kind words. Best wishes and good luck in your next venture and don't be a stranger in Husky Land!:cheers:
    Norman
  14. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

Scot,

Thanks for all you've done for the brand and best of luck with your future. You'll certainly be missed.

WR Bob
  15. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    Thanks very much for the clarification (there has been a lot of very funny speculation elsewhere as to your motivation and future!) Cheers for the kind words towards forum members too. Am glad that you will be stopping by here occasionally. Good luck with the new venture and best wishes from the UK. :cheers:
  16. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Hope there is Zero in your future...or something better....;)
  17. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    Thank you,Scott, for all that you have done in the short 2 years back with Husky. Best of luck in your future endeavors and hope to hear back from you in this forum to keep us posted on what's happenin'!
    Many thanx :cheers:,
    :ride:Guscycle
  18. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Scot Thanks for all the hard work It shows I have only been riding Husky since 2006
    but i sure have seen alot of change in the last few years .I hope for Husky that Brent becomes a part of the furture of Husky .We all know you will always be a Husky fan
    and will still have some part of Husky Thanks again John Kearney
  19. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Best wishes and good luck Scot. Whenever you got someting planned for Mex. look me up, you got a friend to help you out down here.

Mitch Sanchez.
  20. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for your help in making Husky what it is today and good luck in what ever you do in life.