A really good review of the new TC449

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Definitely a better review that Cycle World's.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yeah seems the US press has it out for this bike. The Ausi stuff always struck me as more fare. There is also some very positive actual customer reviews. Will be interesting to actually try on myself soon with all the varied info.
  4. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Ahhh the "press"... they're precisely the reason I let my brain, my ass, and my experience guide me in purchasing my motorcycles. I'm too old and wise to let some snot nose, self-proclaimed hot shot, MX wannabe tell me what bike to buy. I'm lucky enough to have the means to buy whatever bike I want to. I choose Husky because all of my Huskies have been a joy to own and ride compared to most of the bikes the "press" tells me to buy.

Piss on the "press". :thumbsdown:

:D
  5. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    A magazine I read gave the TC449 an average rating, even calling it underpowered. This same magazine is all crazy about Husaberg.
    This review is much different! Cool picture too:

[IMG]
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I can never figure why they say the older TC 450s have strange or unfamilair layouts
    they work for me
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Thanks Kelly!

I am slowly learning my geography a bit better. "New South Wales" is not in Europe. :)
  8. Klas Husqvarna
    A Class

I don´t want to offend you guys. But American Bike mags articles are conectetd to admoney. And it have been for many years now. It is well nown over the world. AUS and GB mags are pretty good.

Klas
  9. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    How do the AUS and GB mags pay the bills?
  10. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    A lot has been said about the excellent traction with the new 449/511. My guess is the people who say the bikes are underpowered is probably because of the excellent traction. I think they are equating wheel spin in to horsepower. They think less spin means less horsepower. :bonk:
  11. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

I don't agree, DR had it spot on with the 2010 TC250. Good handling, great brakes, slightly underpowered vs the others and very hard to start.

Pretty much what I have found out myself after 60hrs of riding it.

All bikes have flaws. And would probably not buy a bike with a very bad review.
  12. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Don't worry, the Majority of Aus mags have there Blue & orange Blinkers on here to
  13. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    We are getting more recognition here as Husky is growing in popularity and therefore marketing bucks. Its funny I have been irked over several years with the support KTM keeps getting especially when you consider the reliability issues-scant coverage. Anyway I like being an island of excellence and individualty surrounded by orange, blue and red hordes.
  14. Klas Husqvarna
    A Class

Admoney and readers like me:D Of course.
    I remember a Dirtbikereview of Yam 250WR. They comlplained about underpowered engine etc. But in the end of that article it was a good thing. easy to ride. I don´t think they had that type of article about Husky.

Yamaha had a two full pages ad in that mag.

My customers ar very pleased with TE 449 :thumbsup:

Customers review are the most importent for me.

Best regards Klas
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    In my experience the UK and Ausi mags are far better. Better content, not afraid to actually test bikes like GG, TM, Husky etc and do so a lot. Here in the US it is all about the CRF and KTM. Thats it. The rest seems like an afterthought. I have all sorts of mags from abroad and like the info, testing procedures and coverage a LOT better and seems more honest for some reason. I had a horrible and eye opening experienced at Prime Media once and it really opened my eyes the the biased going on internally. I'm sure all publications have some of this but it was really lopsided.

As for the 449 it seems kinda polarizing. I think it will be a very good bike and very much like the new Bergs. As for power there is a dyno chart showing it is strong. Stronger than the Berg and slightly less than the KTM in stock form. For my personal need every 450 has to much. I found the FE390 Berg near perfect for me.
  16. jaro51 Husqvarna
    A Class

Haha, great timing! I was planning on putting a deposit on a leftover 2010 YZF450 today since I've been waiting impatiently for a long time for a decent review of the TC449. Now I'm back on the fence whether I should get a YZ or stick with my Husky love affair.

That review made it sound like it is a great bike and just what I want in an MX bike. Handles well and is forgiving yet has the capability to run with the Japanese bikes.

FYI, the new TC449 will cost me about $1,500 more than a leftover 2010 YZ. Considering the Akro pipe and the top notch pats on the Husk, might be money well spent.

Thanks for posting the review, very good food for thought!
  17. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

I sat on a TE 449 on Saturday. Good ergos for me. The rear fender is going to take some getting used to. There is enough room for about about 5-10 lbs of mud to sit in the valley on that rear fender. It's got to be the widest rear fender on anything short of those goofy fat tired cruiser bikes (at least that's how it appears anyways).
    Front fender is definitely 'unique'.
    Kinda weird having the muffler completely exposed like that. It will take some getting used to as well.

Grease fittings on the rear linkage:thumbsup:

I expect it will be 'all in the riding' on these bikes.
  18. jaro51 Husqvarna
    A Class

More ride reports please, this is sounding very interesting!
  19. silver_fox Husqvarna
    AA Class

And now you finally have a dealer nearby. I can't believe it took so long for a dealer in the Calgary area to put some Husky iron on the floor. Go for it !
  20. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Who is the dealer in Calgary.