A respite from the drought 08/03/14

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    So we had some wild weather for the last two weekends. I ended a race day in a storm in Anza in July, then was treated to a wonderful day of trail riding in the high desert, yesterday. Usually temperatures are in the triple digits by August, but when a thunderstorm comes through, sometimes things cool off rather dramatically. I bet that it was only 70 degrees during the brunt of the storm. So nice. There was that pesky chance that I could get hit by lightning, but as with so many other rides during a storm, the lightning never seemed to strike in the area where I was. There were plenty of other people out enjoying the trails in the morning. That's when most of the lightning and thunder seemed to be moving through. I waited a while....then there was rain and almost no lightning.

Gnarly weather as i was nearing the valley.
    [IMG]

Down by the cattle ranch....
    [IMG]

It sprinkled lightly on and off, then finally started to come down in earnest.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1W-nlYJHmQ

Just 10 or 15 minutes later, the rain was coming down so hard that it couldn't soak into the ground fast enough, and I was riding a little river instead of a trail in some spots.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Kya9qG7X0

It's been a long time since I got soaked, boots full of water, etc. And the air was like desert perfume. I hope we have a few more summer storms out there...and a wet winter too!
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Ah DD it is always so good to see your handy work. Looks like you had a blast.Its great when the trail turns into a little creek. Thanks for sharing-love your work.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  3. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    We didn't get that much rain in Napa the other night, but what a welcome sound. I stopped what I was working on at the work bench when I heard a strange sound outside. I sat in a chair in the garage and enjoyed the moment.

That sure looks like fun in the desert. I need to try that some day.
    Dirtdame likes this.