1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc a short story and a question

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wayne, Aug 19, 2012.

1. wayne Husqvarna
    B Class

hi all my two lads both ride mx eldest 16 rides a cr125 youngest 13 ktm85 .i was at my local mx track last week and they were both riding ,about halfway into the day my youngest was riding, the husky was parked up , when two riders about 30yrs old came over looking at the husky and shaking there heads,confused i said everything ok lads .they replied how does a bike with an engine that small go that fast?they rode 250f and a 450f .we thought we were going fast untill your lad came past us ,i laughed ,what engine is in it ,i replied 125 they were amazed to say the least,and off they wandered in disbelief.anyway my youngest came off saying his bike was running funny ,got it checked out the cranks gone ,i was told you get about 40 hours out of them ,bummer he loves that little bike too .so anyone got an idea how many hours the husky crank will last me thanks wayne
  2. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

they last quite a while as long as your staying on top of the jetting.
  3. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

My 2008 CR 125 went about 200 hours on the stock piston and two rings. I put a new piston and ring in it and sold it. Crank bearings still smooth as silk.
  4. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I rode my WR 125 for at least 140 hours (2 pistons in this time) and then did the complete engine overhaul (would not know what hours the previous owner did) the big end was out of spec and several bearings in the engine where also noisy.

Robert-Jan