1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc A whistle due to worn Reed petals? Wr250 2005

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Thijs, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Thijs Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 250 '05
    Hello Folks,

Yesterday I was riding my bike in a nice Offroad trip, but I was hearing a noise in my engine when releasing the throttle.

When I have to describe that noise, I would say it's a whistle. When I am on the gas and releasing it, I am hearing it.

Well somebody who I was riding with, told me I could be the reed petals, which are not closing anymore. Or a piston with to much clearance.

My piston is only 10 hours old, and I am not feeling any lack in power. I would like to do a compression test to make sure.

But for now I think it are the reed petals. I have removed the reed valve and indeed, the petals are not closing properly. DSC_0452.jpg DSC_0453.jpg

Could this be the cause of the whistle noise? Or could it be something else?

I need to buy new petals and on ebay I found new ones, but these are carbon made and I have glassfiber ones. Would this be better to do, because the glassfiber reed petals from an official Husqvarna dealer cost 50 EUR. and the carbon from ebay only 20EUR.

Greetz,

Thijs