A WR300 & KTM450XC meet on the trail Head On....

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by jerbear610, Sep 6, 2014.

1. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    I've been riding dirtbikes almost my entire life and other than once when I was about ten
    I've managed to avoid the dreaded head on collision with another rider until today. Luckily
    we both came out unscaved. In this case no one was at fault, just one of those freaky things that happens. Neither of us were going very fast. I rarely even get out of second gear on these trails.
    Now that I've finally gotten this one out of the way, maybe I'll start riding faster.:lol:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcMQmVlyKrA&list=UULTcPir9hLIM0LjjKMQ8qdw

Here's another short clip from later in the day. Cool Trail that I just discovered today.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Ptv_gNxC8&list=UULTcPir9hLIM0LjjKMQ8qdw
    oldbikedude likes this.
  2. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    Glad you guys are ok.....also glad cool heads prevailed....
  3. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Glad this turned out ok for you.
    man-reminds me i almost had the exact same head on except both of us where hauling. i went cartwheeling into bushes. totally bent my handlebars. smashed my pinky of all things on a rock-the pain from it made me light headed as hell-lol.
    by some miracle thats all that happened. Guy I ran into was a pro mxer too. to this day i am sacared to death of head ons
  4. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    Makes you realise how easy that can happen. It's a bummer too; you can't just wick it up like you'd want to becuase of that type of possibilty :(
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have been in a few bad head ons. One ended in a dude int he hospital and both bikes messed up bad. Not good. Be careful people.
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    That really does make me nervous. Trails aren't as fun since I started racing. I enjoy the organized chaos :). Glad you two were ok. As always, the trails look great out there
  7. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is a big reason I enjoy riding enduro and hare scramble. One-way traffic!
    ray_ray, Rob1965 and LandofMotards like this.
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I often wonder as I watch videos on here if the trails ya'll ride are one way. I see at least this one isn't. Glad you and the other rider didn't get hurt. That was scary but at least it didn't happen on the side of one of those mountains trails :eek:.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    First, Jerbear, glad both you guys are OK.... The 2-way trails are just part of riding in many places ... It always was a little spooky being the lead rider down the trails in GPNF ... I would use the point&shoot method when riding trails like that instead of trying to carry lots of speed ...

--

My only head-on crash in GPNF occurred in a tight corner that had a one-line rut in it ... Both bikes involved were in the rut and we met in the apex of the corner and hit front tire to front tire ... About as good a head-on crash a rider could ask for...

--

I always heard several riders are killed each yr in WA state from head-on crashes ... Not sure how true that is but I never liked this aspect of ST riding ... Another thing we always did was get away from the lower elevations where many riders were less skilled(?); Plus the number of riders was lower in the more remote areas ...