Absolutely a great time In Bend, OR! Here r some pics of our October buddy week.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by boerbebeop, Nov 7, 2011.

1. boerbebeop Husqvarna
    B Class

Other than my TC450 giving in after 2-3 min of idling (See WTF post on fourstroke page) I had a great time. I took my 525, Beta 450 and two sportbikes (one is my buddies). We rode dirt for 5 days and Eastern OR on sportsbikes for three days. 18 guys, tons of miles, beer, jameson, good food, great weather (little cold at night) and awesome campming. I drove from MN, so that sucked but it was worth it...I do it twice a year.

Attached Files:

2. boerbebeop Husqvarna
    B Class

extra pics of the Bend OR trip from MN

Attached Files:

3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Sounds like you had a good time despite the TC450 woes. Where did you ride the sportbikes in Eastern OR? Did you camp out there, too?

More photos, please! :D
  4. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Nice Dude.... Sometimes, I have to sit back and remember how lucky we are out here in the PNW with all the different types of riding we have. I used to do an annual road bike ride in Eastern Oregon with my bro... There is some great riding out that way... Keep an eye out for the wildlife!!! My bro's buddy hit a small blackbear on his BMW.
  5. boerbebeop Husqvarna
    B Class

Ja, that was bad but at least I came with options. We rode all over eastern OR, through Condon, Fossil all the way to John Day. We then loaded everything up but I kept the road bikes in the back. everytime there was a nice stretch of twisties, we would unload one bike (VFR or CBR) and one guy would drive whilst the other one curved the corners! We stayed in hotels when sports bike riding - I started getting a little sick and it got to be very cold at night and early mornings.

Attached Files:

6. boerbebeop Husqvarna
    B Class

Blake - I nearly ran into 8 white tale deer coming around a corner doing 85 (not that I speed, my hand got stuck and I liked it).....thank God for sweet brakes and great Pure tires. Breath taking views - painted hills and such. I absolutely love Oregon. Black bears - I will have to look out for them, I nearly hit a black bear and her cub in Bamf, Calgary Canada.
  7. boerbebeop Husqvarna
    B Class

I normally sleep in my trailer when everthing is unloaded, I have a sweet bed settup and storage. I have a big (kawasaki) tent on the back of my trailer. This is then my kitchen, I hang all my gear underneath the tent frame on hooks. Keeps things tidy and my "wet bar" close at hand. I can load 4-6 dirtbikes. or 3 dirtbikes and two sports bikes, or 4 sport bikes.

Attached Files:

8. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I love the black VFR. I just sold mine and bought a SMS630. Wish I could have kept both... :cry:
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    What dates where you there? Where did you camp?

Several of us were at Camp 25 at China had the last weekend of October, perhaps we met?
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Umm.. did you really intend to start up 3 threads about the same trip? If so, why? :confused:
  11. boerbebeop Husqvarna
    B Class

That is toooo sad dude, I will never sell that bike. Looking at getting a dual sport like the KTM Adventure,....but I love that VFR
  12. boerbebeop Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey Coffee

Before u think that i am crazy, I tried to load the pics but I was only allowed 8 downloads at a time. So I thought, why have different topics if it was the same trip. little method behind the madness.

We were there from the 19th, we camp at a campsite that we cleaned out 8 years ago. It is on the southern end, close to the caves. pretty secluded, so it works well for us.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The general idea is to have one topic (also known as threads), then multiple posts within the topic.

I've gone ahead and merged the 3 threads..
  14. boerbebeop Husqvarna
    B Class

ooooops. Thanks coffee.