added skid plate and rad braces

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by dirtriderwjc2000, Mar 19, 2009.

1. dirtriderwjc2000 Husqvarna
    A Class

I just added these, picked up off eBay from a guy in Israel. They seem like good products plus they were red. And onyl $169 plus $12 shipping for the braces, plate and rear brake guard. I bought on 3-12 and at my house 3-16 amazing:applause: I know I need to attached one bolt to the brace and the scratches are from me:banghead: I was going to order the up-tight plate but I could not do the COD, no one is home to pay and now he has paypal option and the OFG braces but I really like the red.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

He needs to update his website. My hebrew is a bit rusty...:cheers:
  3. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

overseas acces

george will be thrilled that his plate has been more or less copied. it doesn't have the ventilations holes the uptite one's do.... :banghead::banghead:
  4. rajobigguy Administrator

Just some food for thought here. I know for a fact that George actually researched and experimented with different grades of aluminum to determine which ones were best suited to absorbing impact shocks and not transferring them to the rider while still being durable enough that they are not just sacrificial crumple zones. Yes, I believe that the holes are big part of engine durability because the engine case radiates as much heat away from the engine as the radiators do. One final point is to look at the quality of the build, the welds on the import plate are MIG welded while George's welds are very nice TIG welds that look like a stack of dimes laid on there side.
    I'm not trying to take anything away from Dirtriders new protection, I'm sure that it is very nice and will do its' job but please don't compare it to the Uptite pieces, theres a lot more that goes into a quality skid plate than just covering up the engine.

This rant was not directed at anyone in particular I just want people to think about all the effort that goes into the design and fabrication of custom parts and often times when they are copied you lose many of the design aspects.
  5. Mercury264 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm no welder but I've seen better welding than that on the skid plate.