1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Adding OEM headlight

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by HuskySmoker, Dec 31, 2020.

1. HuskySmoker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 Tuono V4R
    So I have a 2007 WR250 that came without the headlight that I didn’t think I’d want, but lately I have been out trail riding a little later than expected and hoping I had a light. I see that all the wiring under the tank is there and it looks like the yellow wire is power. Also from what I researched this has the pre-digital ignition with a little better output than the later models, so having the headlight hot all the time shouldn’t affect starting correct? Is there a parts list available to add the OEM headlight/cowl? Doesn’t look like the whole assembly is sold as one piece, but everything will have to be pieced together. Is there an aftermarket LED headlight/cowl that would work and doesn’t look like ass? I searched, but couldn’t find a definitive answer, so excuse me if I missed a good thread on this. Thanks!
  2. Chisler Husqvarna
    AA Class

British Columbia, Chilliwack River Valley
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300 Husqvarna
    If it was me I would have a look at what” Polisport” has to offer ... they do sell complete assemblies that would attach to your bike .... more like a plug and play ... looks like they come with the fork tube bands and wiring complete ... one option as well that I have looked at.
  3. Chisler Husqvarna
    AA Class

British Columbia, Chilliwack River Valley
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300 Husqvarna
    B7DAE9F6-DD50-4367-B16E-454A4EAE8046.png

This one is fairly close looking to the stocker light that came on our bikes.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I used a Polisport headlight (and tail light) and a Tusk switch on both my 125 and 300. I like the styling of this unit quite a bit. Wattage output of the stator is not so great...like 35 watts....so you aren't going to pull more than that. LEDs don't like AC fluctuations, so you won't keep an LED running for very long on that bike.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    GrooveThang and Chisler like this.
  5. GrooveThang Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE
    Love the graphics Dirt Dame. The cat sticker is a nice touch.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  6. HuskySmoker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 Tuono V4R
    Awesome, good to know thanks! That Polisport option doesn’t look bad at all. So the fork tube mounts are pretty secure? I’d love to get the OEM setup, but I know it’ll cost me an arm and a leg unless I can find a decent used one. Bike looks awesome by the way, love the graphics too.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Thanks. Yeah, the headlight is pretty light, and the bands are snug.