1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st adding oil to 2006 wr 250 forks?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Wheelie, May 18, 2012.

1. Wheelie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    couple honda vtr's
    right off the bat i should mention i really dont have much of a clue of how to make suspensions work, but i figure i can learn.

i just replaced the fork seals on my 45mm marzocchi's, re-filled them with new 10 weight oil, leaving 110mm of air @ the top. after riding it a few times ive determined they are too soft, lots of sag when i sit on the bike, the forks seem like they are halfway in their stroke when im riding just a smooth trail, and they have too much dive when i get on the brakes. will adding more oil make the forks any stiffer? in my brain it just seems they would'nt have as much travel & would bottom out with a smaller hit, since a higher oil level would limit travel. so i think it really needs stiffer springs, to hold it up in the stroke?

the forks have been reworked by ACE suspension, but it was by the pevious owner and i dont know the specs on what was done. i am a 175lb C class rider, but i am actively trying to get faster, so id like to think i ride pretty hard, not lolly-gagging along out there. hopefully my rambling on makes sense, i know suspension is a dark art to many, myself certainly included!
  2. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    You probably need to find out if you have the right springs for your weight for starters...have you tried adjusting the compression stiffer (adjusters on bottom of forks).
  3. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    It would probably be a good idea to find Vinduro's suspension setup guide by searching this forum. Raising the oil stiffens the last half of the stroke and doesnt change ride hiegth.
  4. Wheelie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    couple honda vtr's
    thanks guys, i think i do need new springs, the forks have a lot of sag to them when i get on board. adding oil did help the ride a bit tho. any idea how to tell what springs are in there? i have the wire dia and freestanding length scribbled down somewhere...