Adjustable Idle Circuit for Lectron

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by dukepilot, Apr 15, 2013.

1. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=143822

This is not a Lectron product but a kit made by another company to make Lectron tuning easier, or so they claim. Looks pretty simple, but it seems to counter to the simplicity of the Lectron by introducing another circuit (and tuning variable). The Lectron metering rod is adjustable in 1/4 turn increments. This idle circuit, supposedly allows finer tuning of idle A/F than can be achieved by 1/4 turn adjustments to the metering rod.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Interesting. It looks like a bleed screw from the choke circuit. While these guys seems to have a lot of experience with Lectrons and build this kit I;m not convinced this is the right thing to do. Then again it may work fantastic. You are not getting the amortization from a bleed hole.

I just posted a tuning guide and using it your bike should start, idle and respond fantastic.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/lectron-carb-tuning-guide.32064/#post-298331

The idle and up to 1/2 throttle I find very EZ to dial in on these. I am finding though that when all set up right the top end can be finicky and the adjustable powerjet gets over used to compensate. As such I have been testing a ton of stuff and came up with a custom rod profile that simply rules. Lectron will have it and make my a Motosportz rod here shortly and I have the feeling it is going to become the defacto Lectron 2 stroke single cylinder rod. I have tried this custom rod on two bikes now and both run fantastic from bottom to top.
    huskybear, dukepilot and 454x like this.
  3. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    I have no problems with the Lectron so far, but I'm always looking to tweak my stuff. Sounds like the new metering rod is the hot ticket and I will try one of those when they become available. I don't like the idea of drilling holes in my new carb!
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I think they are drawing just air from the choke circuit.
    Says they have been doing it for 20 years.
    Might be helpful on the finicky four strikes.
    Could plug the holes if it doesn't work.
    Price is right.
    Who knows?
    Motosportz likes this.
  5. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Is it leaner and will it give even better fuel economy?
  6. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    anyone ever send a lectron too Ron Black ???
  7. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike

Not everyone is having tuning issues. You only read the stories of the bad ones. To get a clear picture, you should start a new thread with a poll, and let lectron owners choose if they have issues, or not. My guess is way more would say no issues than issues.

I would be willing to bet a lot of those with issues, don't take the time to properly dial in the rod and power jet. That being said, I'm sure there are a few that have issues that do know how to tune. With every product, there are bound to be a few bad eggs that get sent out.
    K.Forte' likes this.
  8. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    all i know is i had one back in the early 80s yes they've around that long my uncle put it on he was real picky bout his bikes always dialed in it was flawless smoothest strongest 79 250WR around all stock but for boyesen reeds wish i'd kept that one kinda miss him & my 1st husky
  9. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I used Lectrons as far back as 1976 on my Factory Hercules 7 speed GS125. Also on my Factory Yamaha IT175 and Also on my factory Suzuki PE125 till they made me take it off (Because Suzuki didn't want to promote a carb they didnt' sell). I have on now on my WR125 Husky with the 165cc kit. Great fuel economy and throttle response. I love it. I did lean mine out some after I found an air leak. I am probably about 1.5 turns leaner than stock settings. I knew the "PILOT" settings were rich because I was getting drool out the muffler. If set correctly , you should not have any drool.
    huskybear likes this.
  10. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    Anytime you have something that has the ability to "tune", there will be those that have issues, that is normal. While Kevin sends the units out set up, that is a base setting for 2 strokes in general and almost all bikes could use some finesse to get it perfect. Mine ran good as delivered but was rich on top. I had a bunch of spooge, so I adjusted the needle first but my issue was with the power jet not being set right. The power jet comes in sooner than you think, so having it set right is critical. My bike was telling me and I ignored it. My bike was spooging, yet running awesome down low and i was using more gas than I should have. SO the PJ being "too Open" was allowing too much fuel to be sucked up and blow out, that's where the spooge was coming from, not down low.
    454x likes this.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We offer Lectrons with an adjustable air bleed circuit if you feel you need one. On the 4 strokes it makes sense on the 2 strokes I have not had the need personally. The air screw can be seen here (lower gold screw). People asked for it Lectron responded. Its been great working with them. Said some people are wanting a air bleed circuit and we found it useful on the sensitive 4 stroke installs and 1 week later there was a Lectron with an air screw sitting on my desk. Love it.

[IMG]
    lankydoug likes this.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Perfectly stated. :thumbsup:
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    FYI: Can also be added to any Lectron. So if you don't have it and want it you could send it to Lectron and they can add it.