1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Advice on strange noise??

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by russell timmins, Apr 26, 2014.

1. russell timmins Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 yz450f
    Hi all,

So last weekend I pulled my bike down (2011 WR 300) to fix the gear change issues these bikes have. Went back together fine. Rode the bike last night, went fine.
    Go for a ride today and a strange clicking noise coming from the bike.
    Now it sounds like its coming from the clutch region so pulled the bike back down again to check everything. No problems to be found and still makes the noise.
    The noise comes along right in the mid range, very inconsistent and doesn't change with speed or revs.

After doing a little research someone had the same issue and it turned out to be a leaky reed block. same issue? Not sure.
    My bike already has gaskets on both sides of the reeds. And its all nice and clean and dry.

The noise kind of sounds like it might be the power valve mechanism inside the left casing.

Is there something I might have done wrong when putting it back together last weekend for it to be making this noise?

Thanks
  2. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    You could of put the lever for the pv on the spring and not in the slot its designed for, the ticking could be the sprng spinning around the lever mech an clicking as it goes past its end thead.
    Reeds i think hes on about the petals not the seal if theyre chipped they can tick n whistle.
    Im assuming if you put fresh gaskets on it you checked the cage n petals tho.
  3. russell timmins Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 yz450f
    Na it never came out of the slot, was still spinning freely when i put it back on.
    And the noise is not consistent unfortunately
  4. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Does it change when you pull clutch in?
    Not the clutch plates rattling in the basket?
    have you a recording of it?