1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Advice setting up new 13 TXC310

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by fire1998, May 14, 2013.

1. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bought a 13 TXC 310 and should be getting it next week. Bike will be used primarily for racing off road events. What items should be addressed first? What gearing gets the most out of the motor? I weigh 195, will stock springs work till I get a revalve next month? Sag setting????? Any problem areas that should be checked? I will be ordering a fuel tank elbow asap.
    Thanks
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    We ran ours completely stock for the first few XC/GP races this year....expect suspension setup for rider. You should be able to get 100mm sag at your weight with the stock springs.

Since then the only performance changes have been a full FMF system and dealer downloaded 'open pipe' map. It ran great stock and runs even harder now.

Change the oil and filters religiously, keep the air filter clean and the bolts and spokes tight.

[IMG]
    Tinken likes this.
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    We switched all of our 310s over to 10w40, soon to be 0w40 :)
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    We are still running Torco Synthetic 10-40 in the 310, but have switched the 511 to Mobil 0w-40. We will likely switch the 310 and 449 also once we use the bottles of Torco on the shelf up.
  5. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Interestingly, I also found out that Mobil1 0w40 is now oem specific for Viper motorcycles.
  6. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks guys!!
    How many hours/miles should I put on the bike before changing the oil for the first time? I also bought a PC racing stainless steel oil filter. Should I put filter in immediately or wait a few hours?
    Any idea if my FMF Powercore 4 muffler from my old 10 TC 250 will fit the new 310? My plan is to send suspension to Zipty after I break them in but was wondering if I should buy the Merge racing springs also. I have read some great reviews on them.
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I'd change it first ride.
  8. bax3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr300 2010
    Husky Aust saying to use motul 7100 10W60. Would you not use this grade?
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    A 60 weight oil is pretty heavy and you will get about 75% less bearing separation. The zero weight inital viscosity yields greater flow at start up and through out the warm up stage which will increase engine life. Motul 300V 5w40 is excellent and has less than zero viscosity at warm up.
  10. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes !
  11. Stoye82 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 yz250f
    Just finished my first ride on my 12 te310 gonna do the oil change tomorrow I plan on putting in maxmia oil in it (because i can get a deal on it) just not sure semi/full synthetic or what weight... Anyone using maxima in their bikes? Suggestions?
  12. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    SynBlend4 10w40, Extra4 10w40, Ultra4 5w40