1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Aftermarket clutch lever options

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by venturini, May 24, 2013.

1. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TC 250 '13 CR 150 '11 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    I've contacted ARC because I use their levers on my TE 310 and KTM but haven't heard back yet. Do you guys know if there is anything special about the CR 125 clutch cable that I should know before ordering an aftermarket clutch lever (preferably ARC or ASV because of the bend) It would be great to know which other bike brand would fit right on for future reference.

Thanks
  2. Watky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr150
    I run the sunline SL4 clutch assembly & V1 MDX lever. The back of the box says 24 - 30 - 002, searching the serco store it says USE for all so guessing its generic.. But doesnt say much else. I think its mainly the brake side that needs to be a certain lever to fit the brake master. The best bit is it folds up & down & outwards in a crash
    I think the bend of the ASV is better if you have smaller hands. To set the sunline lever for a small hand the tip/end of the lever hits the bar not fully disengaging the clutch.
    Also for some reason it feels like the pull of the clutch was lighter with the stock lever setup :confused:
  3. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I run ASV levers on my 250. I ended up having a shorter, custom clutch cable made because with the stock cable I had to adjust the cable and perch adjusters as far as they would go to take up the slack.
  4. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    I had the Sunline V1's on a CRF 450. Liked the concept but not really the bend. I find the ARC to be just right and the ASV look very similar. I actually have very long fingers (size 3X in Fly and Moose gloves---the largest Thor gloves (2X) always rip out in the middle and ring finger) and the ARC work great for me.

Where did you get a custom cable made--Motion Pro? Looks like I'll be looking for a longer throttle cable too.
  5. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Yes, Motion Pro. I love the ASV's since I find most stock clutch levers to far away from the bars for me and I can adjust the ASV lever in.
  6. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    Could you tell me the specifics of the cable you had made? Just got the ARC perch assembly and have the same problem with the cable being too long. Never ordered a custom cable before---not sure what to ask for. It would be nice if Motion Pro would list the lengths of their T3 cables---it seems I need a cable that's one inch shorter.
  7. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I'm not sure on the specs for the cable. Motion Pro had me send both the stock lever/perch and the ASV set up in to them so they could figure the proper length. They told me they could not guarantee the results if I just told them to shorten the cable an inch or so. The shortened cable worked out perfect.