1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Aftermarket exhaust for 08 CR125?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by john01, Jul 23, 2009.

1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey guys I am enjoying my 08 CR125 but was looking to pick up the bottom end a little. Will an aftermarket exhaust do the trick? If so where can I find it? Thanks, John
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I think BLUEHUSKY144 had an FMF Fatty on his 08 CR.
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Biggest improvement for a 2008 CR 125 is to go from a 50 tooth rear sprocket
    to a 52 then i run fmf fatty with a turbine ii core spark arrestor
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Where did you get it? I did install the 52 rear. Thanks, John
  5. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
  6. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

moose sells a 52t. did you try a power now yet?? I got one but haven't installed it yet. kind of letting the bike break in a bit first. I've read that they help the bottom some. got the 52t sprock on mine but haven't tried it yet. seemed nice around the parking lot though.
  7. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have the 52 installed and picked it up from Motosportz. It did make it a little better in the woods; it will do some climbing and chugging without and clutch work. I would like to know who sells an exhaust that will pick it up a little more. Thanks, John
  9. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Ajax mentioned running the FMF fatty and Turbine Core on his '08 in his post above. I think that was also the combo that BlueHusky144 ran on his Cr as well. http://www.fmfracing.com/default_detail.aspx?m=motocross&app_make=HUSQVARNA&app_model=CR125&app_year=2006
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for the link. I didn't know you could order from them directly, I thought I would have to get it from a dealer or aftermarket supplier. It shows it's for an 06 so is the 08 the same pipe?
  11. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I'm almost certain it is the same pipe but Ajax would be a better source of info for that question.
  12. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

on my bike both my 2006 and my 2008 the bikes are the same and the 2006 pipe fits fine
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thank you very much. Hey where did you get yours?
  14. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    FMF fatty works very well and is high quality....Ive had trouble dealing directly with those guys though....:D

play it safe and order it through your favorite bike shop....
  15. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks Troy but I don't have any Husky dealers in my state. I did ask the local KTM dealer to see if they could find one for me. The counter guy laughed and said " they don't show anything for the newer Husky's". He laughed and said " see you should have got a 150 KTM from us". I told him naw I'll keep my Husky with the stock exhaust. and you just keep growing them expensive pumpkins. I did get a lead from Coffee I will follow up on.
  16. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

thats a crappy parts guys ...
    good one would have got on the phone and done some digging and come up with a pipe for you. I was on the phone with fmf earlier this week and the dude said they still made the fatty for the 08 cr. i did not ask if it was in stock, gotta think they have a few. A good parts guy helps sell bikes down the road .. that was a potential ktm rider walking out the door.
  17. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    You shoulda said... "Really? do you stock enough pistons to keep all the 144's and "150's" (144's) going? Are you providing warranty coverage for the 150 pistons that are melting into the cylinder (just like the 144 pistons) even after you assured customers you "resolved" the melting piston issue.....

Don't get me F'in started :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
  18. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Not only do they make a CR pipe.....but they have many other husky pipes listed...:excuseme:

And I just received my FMF turbo core 2 for my 09 wr125 yesterday....from ross rocher sales...fits like a glove:thumbsup:

Parts guys making lurid comments just end up looking very stupid.......:lol:
  19. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You guys are right it did get me going a little. His 150 was over 2K more than my 08 CR and if it feels like my sons 08 SX450 then I don't think I would have liked it. The KTM my son has just feels a little weird in the seating/bar/peg relation. Hey and when I was compairing the CR to the KTM I didn't know about the piston problems LOL. Thanks, John
  20. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

FMF makes them but they may not have updated the year. They probably list them as for an 04 but 04-08 all take the same pipe and silencer.