1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st All Balls lower shock bearing is a spherical bearing?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by PC., Mar 3, 2010.

1. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yes, it is a spherical bearing. Very nice one, too. And at a great price I might add. :thumbsup:
  3. lunatick Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah i put that kit in my 06 WR 250 and it lasted really well
    considering a lot of my riding is in wet sand and mud:thumbsup:
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Do you lube these or run them dry?

Thanks
  5. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I lubed it.
    It's sealed, so I believe greasing it is the way to go.

I was going to run the Synergy bushing, but it does not fit. Lucky for me the All Balls linkage kit came with a lower shock bearing or it might be another 4 weeks until I ride my bike.
  6. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    This is the type of bearing that was on the top and bottom of the shock on my '03 Husaberg. I would also grease them, don't know if that was recommended or not, but I only had to replace the bottom bearing once in 5 years, I think that the top was nearing it's end but I parted the bike out first... The bearing on my WR is another story... It's not in need yet, but based on how much junk gets in it, probably not to much life left in it.
  7. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    heim joints allow the shock to articulate. it keeps the suspension from binding. the shock must free-float for best performace/due to flex of all the components.
    i pack my heim's as best i can then make little foam rings to help seal it from water on the top and fuel from the carb on the bottom. routing my vent hoses away from the links helps too.

sealed bearings are already greased. re-packing them is tricky at best. damage the seal and the grease comes right back out.
  8. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Didnt some of the older bikes (well early 2000 to mid ) come with these types of bottom shock bng or am I thinking of the Berg?
  9. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

after only 48 hrs (admittedly, 15 of it in sloppy conditions at the idaho city qualifier), it feels like i might have some play in my lower shock bearing. are these all balls units the best most durable choice?
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Motosapiens,

They are Chinese, but I have had good luck with them in both my WR 360 and my old WR 250. I would recommend using the Amsoil Synthetic grease designed for use in Cat Tracks. Extreme pressure and complete washout protection. This stuff is so tacky once you put it in it won't come off until you use a grease cutter. Really prevents water and debris penetration.

Walt

It sounds like I might meet up with you guys on Friday in Idaho City so I will bring some for you to check out.
  11. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

false alarm.... It turned out to be the pivot bolt hiding in the swingarm that got ever so slightly un-tight. tightened that up and wiped out and grease the lower shock bearing while i was there and now it's tight as a drum.

You coming our way? I'll be camping at meadow creek near idaho city w/friends thursday night, but i actually have to work a half day friday while tresa drinks wine and enjoys still being semi-invalid. Saturday a bigger ride planned.

i usually use bel-ray waterproof grease, but if there's something more waterproof than that, i'm all ears.
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

This stuff is shown to far surpass anything else in both pound out protection and washout protection. Less than 1% loss under high pressure hot water washing in a non-sealed pin and sleave arangement.

I will be by Friday afternoon and stay through the evening. I'll pack some grease so you can see what I am talking about.

Walt
  13. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

They are not meant to be lubed but it couldn't hurt other than crap will stick to it, I just packed as much grease around the seals to stop water and dirt getting in the bearing.
    Have had good luck with it so far and it's been almost a year.
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Part Number for the Amsoil Grease?
  15. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
  16. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The one I use is: Product Code: GPOR2CR-EA It is the GL2 version of their off road grease. It has a little better wear resistance, impact resistance and greater temperature range than the GL1. It is $.35 more.

Walt
  17. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

I used Moly Slip for everything and I bet it is cheaper than Amsoil.
    I bought it at Lordco up here in Canada.
  18. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

Nope it's not cheaper ?
    Have you guys had good luck with the lower Husky shock bushing?