Alternate ecu for te310

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by huskyte310, Dec 10, 2009.

1. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    I forgot where i found this #.It is a husky # 8000h2002. It comes with a racing ecu and a short db killer to replace the stock sa. Husky rep. said it will rev quicker and more power everywhere. I ordered one yesterday.
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I've been thinking about one of those for my 510, but it says it's for the '09 / '10. I want to get a new ecu, but I really don't want to get another stock one.

I'm not really sure what the difference is in the newer ecu's, other than they have the dual map switch. I'm thinking I could go to the '09 racing wire harness and use the '09 #8000H2004 ecu kit. ???
  3. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    With the 09/10 ecu with o2 by passed you can adjust your co settings low med high. That ecu is tuned for the stock exhaust that comes on the 09 and 2010 bikes with the sa removed and short bd killer instaled. 08 has diferent exhaust. When change the ecu you have to reset the tps switch too.
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    So, would the ecu work on the '08 with stock wiring and a '09 muffler?
  5. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    Looks like kit 8000h1255 includes compleat exhaust system and ecu fits 08/09 bikes. So i would think 08 ecu would work in 09 bike. You would still need I beat 2.0 . semco designs sells them for about 300. bucks. You need to set tps and then could play with co settings to fine tune your fuel settings.
  6. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think you may have a problem with the new ECU working with the 08 instrument display.

If that is the case, you'd need to get a 09 display or install a Trail Tech display.

Let us know what you find.
  7. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

The 09 ECU will cause the N light on the 08 display to blink, other than that it works fine.
  8. bigcahunak Husqvarna
    A Class

Exactly what lairpost said - its only the display issue, other than that it works the same.
    BTW, MOTORHEAD, I have the racing harness for the 08 if you want, but I dont think it works with the 08 TE display. When I had the 08 I took all the display out and the only reason for the racing harness is to get rid of all of the wires and connectors hanging between the tripleclamps.
    Now with the new bike (2010 TE250) I have no need for it anymore.
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I've been talking about getting a racing harness for a long time, just never have. What would you take for it?

That would allow me to ru n '08 to '10 ECU's, correct?
  10. bigcahunak Husqvarna
    A Class

MOTORHEAD, you are correct. I PM'd ya
  11. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    I am still waiting for my racing ecu and short db killer from dealer for 09 te310. Ordered it in december.I hate waiting for parts.
  12. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    re: waiting
    I bought a 2009 GMC Truck and wanted to put the tailgate lock on it. One manufacturer's design was defective so the aftermarket shop ordered another style. Still waiting 2 mos. later. Have a nice locking roll top tonneau cover but not much good without the tailgate lock.
  13. seanoj Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am looking at this part as well (8000H2002) for my 2009 TE310. I think it will still need to be modded for me (spark arrester).
  14. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    Once i get the kit (8000h2002) i was thinking of modding the short db killer with the backfire screen from air filter into (spark arrester).
  15. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    Now my dealer gave me a call to say my racing ecu came in after five months. I have my fuel injection dialed in perfect to my liking now. I guess i will see if it can get even better.
  16. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    I installed the racing ecu and short db killer today. It did not sound any louder to my ear i will find out at the next turkey run. The power feels much smoother and stronger. I did tweak the co settings to co1-106, co2-103.co3-103. And i had to reset the tps value. I did notice that the harness for the fuel pump runs on top of the bracket for the ecu and the gas tank was on top of it. It looks like the tank could pinch the wire. I ran the wire under that bracket. I can't wait to take it in the trails.
  17. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    I took it for a trail Sunday. Wow this thing is sweet. It pulls really strong. This is how i would expect it to run. Now i am satisfied how it runs and with the stock exhaust. Definitely worth it.
  18. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    I rode another turkey run yesterday and the sound tested 92db to 93db. Go figure with the sa out and short db in it runs a little quieter. I also change the co to co1-105, co2-102, co3 left at 103. I avrage 30 mpg at the turkey run.
  19. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    I put 3.5 hours on my new 2010 310 with this ECU and it is awesome. Smooth and clean from idle all the way up. Pulls good down low. No popping or flame outs. Easy start hot and cold. I am in love with this mapping in this ECU. I did this based on your initial evaluation! Thanks for the info! A happy 8000H2002 ECU user.

52.4 mile with 1.24 gallons needed to top off= 42.5 mpg
  20. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    rode again yesterday, 42.1 miles (2 hours) riding 2-4 gears bottom to mid with burst here and there to full throttle. Rode like I usually would for a club ride.

Bike topped off from last weeks ride
    42.1 miles and took 1.08 to top off at end of ride=38.65 MPG

Last week was break in riding and got 42 mpg, so more aggressive, more "normal" like riding yielded 38MPG with this ECU.

very happy with the throttle response and power from this set up. Pulls good down low and no bad habits at all so far.

5.8 hours to date.