1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Alternative to the Sachs Shock

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by incorrigible, Oct 24, 2012.

1. incorrigible Husqvarna
    B Class

This is my question. I have looked into it and I think this Sachs shock isn't great or going to be reliable. I have been told it will probably need major service every 25 hours. Symptom is the rear end kicking my butt over whoops which indicates a loss of dampening.

Apparently Ohlins doesn't have a shock for this bike. Anyone know another shock that will work?
  2. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Your shock might have a problem which LTR racing has a mod for. I had the mod put in my shock, although I never had the problem. It's a cheap fix along with a standard rebuild.
  3. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Call David fron Fast Bike Industries He use to work for Ohlins Now has a shop just down the street

He can build you a custon Ohlins TTX rear shock He built me 2 of them and also built a few for Zip Ty Racing plus the one Glen Kearney used when he raced the 250/300 The ones I have work great
    Tinken likes this.
  5. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Strange. I really dig the sach's shocks on both of my 09's and they've been as reliable as anything else I've ever had (aka Showa/KYB).
    I'll freshen them up every so often with new fluid and a nitro charge, but I've never had anything major to deal with. And they're super easy to work on.
  6. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I'll have to agree.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    the Sachs is a VERY good shock, nice quality and internals like any other good shock. Some had a piston seal issue and LTR made a fix for these. Send him your shock, save yourself a pile of money and have a great working reliable shock.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    What are the symptoms of the seal issue? Internal or external leaks?
  9. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    It's not leaking, but a loss of dampening which makes it seem like all the oil has leaked out.
  10. incorrigible Husqvarna
    B Class

My tech has told me the later Sachs shocks had the fix LTR offers, but this is an 09 and it doesn't. The leaking is around the piston internally and yes the dampening was gone. So I am getting it back and will see how it holds up.

Re Ohlins, I was told they were not available by an Ohlins tech. Custom built, I wasn't offered but will check into it this winter.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Correct. this was first discovered on a buddies of mines 08 GG 250. He was all over the trail on it and i said let me ride that. Two corners later I gave the bike back as it was super dangerous to ride with no rebound!!! He sent it to Les who identified the issue and the solution (cuz he rules). I had not heard of any huskys doing this until semi recently and it is a shock tolerance issue. Oil goes right around the internal piston bypassing a good percentage of the shim stack thus providing little damping.