AMA Announces West Coast National Hare Scrambles Series

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by BlipBlip!, Dec 2, 2008.

1. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) announced today the 2009 schedule for the AMA Racing West Hare Scrambles Championship Series. The Western United States' premier motorcycle cross-country series features racing on some of the toughest off-road terrain in North America, and offers classes for a range of ages and skill levels.

For 2009, AMA Racing has partnered with Off Road Sports LLC to provide promotion and logistical support for the AMA Racing West Hare Scrambles Championship Series, including management of the series website at www.westernharescrambles.com.

Three rounds will run in conjunction with the World Off-Road Championship Series (WORCS), which will be AMA Racing-sanctioned in 2009, bringing together the best riders of both series on one course.

"We are excited about our association with Off Road Sports LLC," said AMA Off-Road Director Chuck Weir. "We are looking forward to leveraging their experience at running top-caliber events. We know that our valued competitors will also be excited about the positive changes that Off Road Sports will bring to the series next year."

Sean Reddish, CEO of Off Road Sports, explained that some of those changes will include uniformity in rules, race format and scoring.

"It is my goal to introduce a new level of series-wide professionalism to the AMA Racing West Hare Scrambles Championship Series," Reddish said. "In 2009, there will be a unified scoring system and race format for the series. This also means an organized numbering system that makes each skill level recognizable when in the pits or on the track. There will be one phone number to call for information."

AMA competitors who earned a No. 1 plate in 2008 will be able to run their earned plate in 2009. In addition, with the exception of the three rounds that will run in conjunction with WORCS events, the series will maintain the traditional hare scrambles course layout. WORCS courses tend to be shorter and incorporate longer motocross sections than traditional hare scrambles.

"Amateur riders are the most important aspect of hare scrambles racing, so making sure that we keep it a fun family weekend is critical," Reddish said. "Bringing everyone together to enhance hare scrambles racing will increase the value of the AMA Racing West Hare Scrambles Championship Series, and we're looking forward to working with everyone involved."

The 2009 AMA Racing West Hare Scrambles Championship Series will begin on Feb. 13-14 at Ryno Land in Anza, Calif. The seven-round championship will wrap up on Oct. 23-25 in Mesquite, Nev. The complete schedule is below.

For series information, contact: Sean Reddish, Off Road Sports LLC, 1055 West Redcliffs Drive, Suite 509C, Washington, UT 84780. Phone: (435) 635-1597; website: http://www.westernharescrambles.com/home.php

2009 AMA Racing West Hare Scrambles Championship Series Schedule

Round 1

Feb. 13-14, 2009

LOC: Ryno Land, Anza, Calif.

Round 2

April 11, 2009

LOC: Hollister Hills SVRA, Hollister, Calif.

Round 3

June 12 - 14, 2009

LOC: Pacific Raceways, Auburn, Wash.

Co-sanctioned with WORCS

Round 4

Aug. 4 - 6, 2009

LOC: Straddleline OHV, Olympia, Wash.

Round 5

Aug. 29 - 30, 2009

LOC: Bull Hollow Raceway, Monticello, Utah

Round 6

Sept. 18 - 20, 2009

LOC: Glen Helen, Devore, CA

Co-sanctioned with WORCS

Round 7

Oct. 23 - 25, 2009

LOC: Mesquite, Mesquite, NV

Co-sanctioned with WORCS
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    For the season opener our SD crew will do the Ryno Land Event for sure , its very local. pending any unforeseen issues. R
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I am sure we (DBR) will hit Glen Helen as well,,,,,,,,,,"pending any unforseen issues"..R
  4. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Count me in for the first two, and the last two. In Shallah. Parts are on order. Come on, parts, get here!

Looking forward to following Ty and the crew in that series aboard their TXC's
  5. HuskyT Moderator

Rob: where is Ryno land exactly? I'm interested in this one and GH.

T
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Go to Cahuilla MX its right in that area, near Anza. Those 2 are both on my radar screen,,

http://www.proride.com/
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Me and my little 125 cant wait 300 acres of single track in the trees
    around Anza.Plus it is only 50 miles from my house ,i will try and make as many as i can as long as i can still do the Nationals Hare and hound
    races .Come on Feb might even be a small chance of that white stuff on the ground
  8. HuskyT Moderator

Ajax or Rob - What can I expect to face in my first WORC's Hare Scramble. Guess I need to renew the ama card?

I'm definitely in for Anza and GH . I'm assuming that it would include part of the Cahuilla main or vet track???
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Don't know about the Cahuilla MX stuff,,,,Ryno Land is Ryan Hughes' moto school property,,, in the same area (Anza) as Cahuilla. The area is hi dez scrub. should be alot like the McCain Valley trails you did with us.
  10. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well i am in for sure just went on line and filled out the entry forum .50 bucks to race
    and a 40 dollar yearly membership fee is not that bad .Now i just have to wait until Feb
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just filled the member fee (40),, will do the preentry later today
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    PS
    HuskyT, I can't wait to get roosted/embarrassed by the old(er) guy on the Husky125 (wink)
    bonus we will get to see the Zip Ty racing team Huskys in action.
    I am signed as 40+ masters B,,
    my former worcs pro friend would not allow me to sign as a C
    Ajax? Sen A?
  13. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If the 50 A class racers that do the worcs show up i am sure they will
    kick my butt.At least we will have fun and we can see the fast guys go by.
  14. HuskyT Moderator

So what class do I sign up for Rob? Beginner where......? serious...?
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think 40C for the HS it should be Masters C,,,,or B