AMA Marque of the year-Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Jan 13, 2010.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Anyone know what they are planning?

I curious if they need some vintage bikes to show off...

Husqvarna, the legendary make that ruled AMA Racing off-road competition throughout the 1970s and 1980s, has recently made a full-throttle return to national championship contention. This July 9-11, the iconic brand will celebrate its heritage and build toward its future as the Marque of the Year at the 19th annual AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days.

Recognized as the world's largest gathering of vintage motorcycle enthusiasts, AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days attracts tens of thousands of fans of all ages, eras and brands. The event takes place at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio. Ticket information is available at MidOhio.com.

.........and much more info at the link.
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This should be also piggybacked as the long ago discussed "National Gathering". All true believers of Husqvarna should make this "pilgrimage".
    Have attended several of the AMA vintage days and there is NO shortage of vintage anything! (especially owners)
    Maybe we could coordinate this later on and whomever is going..we all hook up there.

Just thinking
    Joe
  4. photoguy_43420 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 Husqvarna's from 1973-2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    73 Norton Commando 850
    Vintage Bike Dispaly

Any one know who to contact to display your vintage Husqvarna at Vintage Days.

Guy
  5. auto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    too many
    Does anyone know who is the "main man" for this event?It really is late in the game that this info is getting out.I hope he reachs out to us all to pull this off.I want it to be as good as the 2000 Penton display,not like the Triumph sale pitch show three years ago.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'll investigate. It is still 6 months away.
  7. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    I think the 2010 Husqvarna Dealers Meeting will also be in July. I wondering if it will be held around the same time as Mid-Ohio.
  8. bower100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250CR - '07 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    TY350Trials-BetaRev3-'77RM250-'80YZ
    So is the Mid-Ohio site near AMA's Hall of Fame? I was planning to go there this summer... no set date .... now it's a no brainer to get in both places.

Riding street bikes from Delaware.I'll be the over-weight gray haired guy on a Suzuki Dl650 or an orange 1250 Bandit.

Dave
  9. BentAero Husqvarna
    A Class

10. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    A little tip for those attending,if you call Mid Ohio and order your tickets before the end of Feb.There's free shipping, ticket prices are $35.00 for the three days. I'll be there. 1-800-Mid Ohio
  11. auto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    too many
    I hear that Scot Harden is the man incharge for the VMD Husky show.
  12. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    We are very proud to have Husqvarna as MOY. We have been working with the AMA for several months now on this project. We will be using VMD and MOY as the backdrop for our 2010 Annual Dealer Meeting as well. We are still in the planning stages but are working with the Gunnar Lindstrom who will be helping us coordinate the heritage activities. Gunnar plans to launch his book on the history of Husqvarna at VMD. This long awaited book is the definitive Husqvarna story covering the period from the 1950s through today. Gunnar has been researching the book for over 20 years and it should be very, very good with lots of inside stories from the factory in Sweden, the race teams, the development of the motorcycles, the men behind the machines and more.
    More information will be posted shortly for those that want to participate and bring their own vintage Husky's to the event. This is in reality a year long celebration of the Husqvarna brand and its immense contribution to the sport of off road racing. We hope as many of the members of Cafe Husky as possible can attend.
  13. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  15. photoguy_43420 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 Husqvarna's from 1973-2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    73 Norton Commando 850
    Malcom Smith to be Grand Marshall

Glad to see that Malcom is going to be grand marshall of vintage days. I know he was there three years ago glad to see him back.
  16. Kip Kern Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 430 Automatic
    Other Motorcycles:
    Pentons, Puchs, 1928 Harley JD
    Enjoyed the Husqvarna display at Mid Ohio, mixing the new and old machines was a great idea. Really enjoyed meeting Malcom Smith and Gunnar Lindstrom, was lucky and had each of them sign number plates for my vintage Husky's. Really surprised at the number of Husky's and parts that were in the swap meet, had a great weekend! Hope the best for the future of Huskvarna!!!