AMA Vintage days 9-11 July in Ohio

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Joe Chod, May 27, 2010.

1. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Let light this candle!
    Husky is marqee of the year.
    Who is going?
    I will be there with some flying milk truck twin shockers and racing them (thats what they are for)

Joe
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'm 99.999%, one more phone call to make tomorrow. :cheers:
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    I may run over there. Probably a 7 hr drive for me? It'll make me want to buy an old 390 or 250.
  4. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    I'll be there putting around on the Old Trumpet.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here is a link to the event, with an interesting video about what happens there.

http://www.amavintagemotorcycledays.com/

Will the general public be able to hear the Grand Marshalls (Malcolm) speech and view the 2011 Husqvarna bikes up close?

Anything else the cafehusky members could find useful in deciding if they should go? Airline tickets need to be bought asap to get decent rates. Many have asked me for additional information and are trying to decide if the time & expense would be worth it to them to go....
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If you don't have hotel reservations.make em now...if they are any close.
    This is the mother of vintage events.
    The PA is good as it is a road race track.
    there is camping for those driving. 20 X 25 spaces. I will have my box truck and ez up and some room to spare if any flying commuters need a "home".
    I also have a hotel room that I mostly use for "home base" and hygiene.
    There is vintage HS on friday (x3 classes at 3 sperate times.
    Vintage trials, mx, and road racing on sat and sunday.
    Swap meet galore Some bargains but most know what "jewels" they have so ...how bad you want it is sometimes the case. Trading makes the $ go further for "the elusive part".

Convoying out from Albany NY area thursday am on 8 july. and could, in theory, pick up "stragglers"
  7. luvwoods Husqvarna
    AA Class

We need a "cafehusky" meeting site!
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That would probably be the truck Joe is bringing. :)
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sounds fine......I will try to scrounge up more lawn chairs.
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Trying to meet people at a large event, especially people that have not seen each other before, can be problematic. There are 2 issues:
    • finding the base camp
    • communicating between people once the base camp is found. Usually people are not in the base camp, they are enjoying the event.
    Some type of signaling device would be good for the base camp. I'll assume firing off parachute flares at a certain time of day might not be proper etiquette, how about some balloons way way up in the air? Any other ideas?

Communicating between people once the base camp is found could be done by cell phone which would be good... but possibly a low tech message board (forum?) would work best - a chalk board, white board, or even a big piece of paper might be handy. Then we could write our cell phone numbers on that.

I did call and ask about cell phone coverage. Verizon works well, Sprint not so good, and they did not know about ATT which is my carrier.

And of course banner tape, Husqvarna signs, and things like that for the base camp would be nice. :)

EDIT: Joe, you want to post a picture of the vehicle that will be there, or anything else that might help people find your location?
  11. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    Please go to the AMA Vintage Days website and click on Marque of the Year. There you will find a list of activities that are directly connected to Husqvarna. We have autograph sessions planned, the launch of Gunnar's book, merchandise for sale, displays, etc., etc.

In addition it looks like we will be holding a Exhibition Race of Champions on Saturday at noon with all the Husqvarna legends in attendance mounted on vintage Husqvarna's. I already claimed dibs on a 74 Mag250. Can't wait to get on the track with Malcolm, Burleson, Cunningham, Hoess, Melton, Blackwell.....

This is not posted on the site yet but will be soon.

In addition I need everyone from Cafe Husky to come to the Husqvarna Village and find me personally so I can get them hooked up with whatever hospitality we have availble. I want to make sure that CafeHusky members are fully embraced and a part of this celebration !
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  13. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Thanks Scott for that info on the race Sounds like a great time,Im jetting out Friday am ,hope to meet some of you guys there in Husky Village.billf
  14. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    If any one is looking for info I've been to Mid Ohio for the last 6 years I'll be at my friends vendor location GG1-GG2 there should be some Huskys there.
    Bill
  15. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

My first trip to Mid-Ohio and can't wait to relive History. Having Husky as the Margue is going to be fantastic. Looking forward to seeing you guys. Driving up in the am!

WR Bob
  16. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    They are supposed to be taking a birdseye view picture of the largest gathering of vintage and newer Huskies at this event.

It does say "selected 2011 models", so not all I'm assuming.
  17. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

On my way now will be back 7-12-10
    Later George
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'll be leaving in a few hours, with all the airport security and transport at both ends it will be a long trip. :p

I'll try to find Joes Camp Friday afternoon, leave a note on his bulletin board or whatever he has to leave messages, then go over to the village :)
  19. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Ok, I think this event is over, and has been for a while, I will unstick the thread now...