AMA Vintage motorcycle days to Celebrate Husky Racers in July

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by oldbikedude, May 30, 2013.

1. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    Hello, I just read AMA vintage days in Ohio is Honoring Husky racers & how Husqvarna helped shape offroad racing in the USA. There is no word on the Marque of the year yet. I know Husqvarna was the marque bike a few years back but I would double dip & bring MY Husky this time!:D I will attempt to add a link to the press release on this from AMA. http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com...es_the_champions_and_riders_of_Husqvarna.aspx
    HoserX likes this.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I went to that in 2009, though obviously it was not the exact same event.

Highly recommend it!
  3. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I go every year....love it...I recommend wareing our café husky shirts while there To recognize fellow members.
    Coffee likes this.
  4. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    Dean,
    I was there in 2009 too, in fact i think we meet while watching the Vintage MX races, you (someone?) gave me some CafeHusky stickers.

I'd agree I'd highly recommend too.. Between Unadilla, Mid Ohio & the West Coast Reunion, some of the Legends riders are doing some
    travelling...
    Husky John
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I believe we did meet! :) Though sadly I met sooo many people I do not specifically remember what you look like.

And I've got a hunch some of these events are carefully coordinated for those Legends schedule.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This came into my mail box yesterday:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, PLEASE.

CONTACT: Scott Cox / Resmarket, Inc. contact@resmarket.com phone 760-436-9937

Champions and Riders Of Husqvarna To Highlight 2013 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days
    Join us in celebrating the American history of Husqvarna at the 2013 Bikebandit.com AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days

Corona, CA - June 20, 2013 - Husqvarna Motorcycles proudly stands at the threshold of an exciting new chapter, but before we move into the future, join us to celebrate its historic champions and riders. At the upcoming 2013 BikeBandit.com AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, Husqvarna will commemorate the personalities of motorcycle racing in America, and the stories that etched them into history.

Grand Marshall of the July event is none other than eight-time AMA Grand National Enduro champion and AMA Motorcycle Hall Of Famer Dick Burleson. "King Richard's" season of dominance with Husqvarna stretched from 1974 and 1981, where he proved to be unstoppable in the AMA National Enduro series. Burleson will be joined by fellow AMA Hall of Famer Gunnar Lindstrom at Vintage Motorcycle Days. The Swedish-born racer and engineer was instrumental in bringing Husqvarna Motorcycles to the United States, and remains a leading authority on the history of the iconic brand.

WHO: Any and all fans of Husqvarna!
    WHAT: BikeBandit.com AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days
    WHERE: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio
    WHEN: July 19-21, 2013
    WHY: Because we love Husqvarna Motorcycles!
    HOW: Go to www.AMAVintageMotorcycleDays.com for more info

Gunnar Lindstrom, and Dick Burleson are only a few in a long list of legends who will be present at the 2013 BikeBandit.com AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, the country's premier celebration of vintage motorcycles and motorcycling heritage. Join us for bench racing, story telling, autographs, shopping, prizes, contests and more at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio, where you can get up close and personal with heroes who rode Husqvarnas into motorcycling history.
  7. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    There is still no word on the feature Margue. On their website it still says coming soon. I emailed them & they said it'll be on their website when they decide. I think they better hurry up so people can prepare their appropriate bikes for the event. (it's true...some people have bikes other than their huskies):thinking:
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wow, could have Husqvarna originally intended to contribute significant $? Then the sale of the company happened?
  9. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I doubt it. I just think The past few years at Vintage days has been a rebuilding process of the event. It has been bigger & better than the most recent years. Hopefully They will get it together soon. I'm still going either way....:cheers:
    Coffee likes this.
  10. Dunlop Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 SM610 ie
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Daytona 675R,MV AgustaF3 675
    "Husky Riders: Bring your bikes!

Do you have a Husqvarna motorcycle? Are you coming to BikeBandit.com AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days this July 19-21? For 2013, this premier vintage motorcycling event will feature the riders and champions of Husqvarna. Join eight-time AMA Grand National Enduro Champion and AMA Motorcycle Hall of Famer Dick Burleson and be a part of the action! Please let us know how you'll use your Husqvarna at the event.

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/events/AMAVintageMotorcycleDays/HusqvarnaCallForBikes.aspx"
  11. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Anybody besides me on this website going? Going to have a tent at the swap meet or infield?