1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc annoyed, broken piece of swingarm

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by gazmcfaza, Jan 24, 2014.

1. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    just checked bike, can't be ridden. If I sit behind the bike looking forward, I can see the swingarm. Well at the back of each side of the arm is a bolt that goes inside the arm, with a hexagon type screw to push the block inside forward to adjust chain slack. Well on the right hand side, the block seems to still be in place, but further back the end of the swingarm is now exposed, with the bolt pretty much all visible, and a piece of metal is wrapped around it halfway down, seems to have shattered. I recall it was hanging off the back, it's a rectangular shaped metal piece that slotted in the back of the swingarm to stop dirt going in I presume. Is there a name for this part? I'm going to drill the remaining piece of it out tomorrow and see if the bolt still functions and pushes the block, but I don't know if that rectangle is needed or is just there to stop dirt/ water getting inside? First picture is the good side on the left, the piece I am talking about is right on the back of the arm with the bolt sticking out. The other two pictures show the exposed bolt and remaining piece of whatever the piece is called :D 240120141551.jpg 240120141552.jpg 240120141556.jpg
  2. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    What year and model is it?. You'll need to get a new piece, I'm pretty surt it act as the "bridge" for the bolt to pull against to move the axle block back. Take it all apart and check the parts over for damage, wire brush everything and grease or antisieze the bolt threads when you reassemble. Do BOTH sides while you're at it and use new bolts, they are probably cheap and you need to order the endcap, anyway!:thumbsup:
  3. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    it's a 2005 wre 125, a bit like the wr 125 only with an oil pump, will give the dealer a call in the morning to see if they have one. I believe I have some identical bolts in my ''stuff box'' . Thanks for the term ''end cap'', it may actually help the dealer know what I'm going on about!
  4. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I would not hesitate to ride that in the meantime. As long as the axle nut is tight, it keeps the wheel from moving around, not those bolts. Just make sure that the axle is square/perpendicular when you tighten it.

You could probably get away with using a big washer back there in the short term, depending on parts availability, or a piece of aluminum bar stock with a hole drilled in it.

Marc's suggestion about cleaning and lubing everything is a really good one. I have had to chase both of the threads on the adjusters on my 610, and a buddy broke the adjuster bolt on his Yam because it froze up. That area sees a lot of grit and moisture, so corrosion is a real problem.
  5. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    ok thanks for the advice, I managed to find a dealer who had one in stock, should be here with me in a couple of days :D I've also got some axle blocks coming from a low mileage 450 so hopefully they will fit. I will definitely use new bolts in there too