1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Another 165 review

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by rockdancer, Jul 7, 2013.

1. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I was very cautious about doing this conversion as I was concerned that I wouldn't like the loss of top end that some have reported. I had a KTM 200 and didn't like it as it seemed to hit a wall wheras the Wr125s kept going.
    I had the CR 144 going really well with fatty pipe but wanted to convert the old 08 125 cylinder to a 165 I just had to do it to see what it was like.
    Fitted the 165 kit with the 125 fatty exhaust as I was curious as to how it would run and didn't want to go to expense of a new pipe yet.
    As soon as I fired up the bike I could tell it was running well. Revved really nicely, sounds deeper and really crisp.

First ride today.
    All I can say is thankyou Walt this motor is awesome.
    Pulls better immediately and has a great mid range hit . Keep it open and it just keeps winding up . There is plenty of top end. I love that it still feels like a 125 only with so much more low to mid
    Changed back to a 50 rear sprocket and it is so nice to have higher gearing too.

My 144 feels harsher the 165 smooth and meatier. It feels like Walt has worked his magic on it .
    Its power is addictive - sounds so sweet.
    Being able to pop the front wheel up over the bumps and launch better of mounds is much fun .
    Power wheelies are a case of... how long ?
    Pulled up hills so much easier - and faster . Easier to keep momentum .

I know guys say there is more low to mid with a 200 pipe but this feels great as is.

I am very happy and recommend anyone who is on the fence to just do it - Its awesome
    john01, steadydirt, dukepilot and 3 others like this.
  2. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    Great report Rock Dancer. I keep saying that when I have redo my bike it will be a WB 165. :D
  3. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I Know what you ask for Christmas

and for sure you will thank the Santa for the FMF an lectron

its simply a curve of progression you follow:p

Have fun with it

Robert-Jan
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    The older TMX is running beautifully - ever since I went to CR ignition and 144 - it just rips
    Maybe if the gods of $ shine on me.
    The thing for me is I like to swap things around and run 144 so its good to have a pipe that works for both.
    I love the handling of this 08 too - now I fixed the swing arm and linkage bearings. The 45 mm marzochis are my favourite -
    I also think the turbine core fmf silencer is a must for trail riding
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL we told you you were gonna like it :D! It really does get even better with the 200 pipe too. The WB165 is so good I can't decide on which new bike to get :confused:. Enjoy :cheers:.
    wallybean likes this.
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Like it - I looove it !:D
    Why change bike John ? A 2013 WR165 might be what youd like though
    Work is getting busy so you know I will do the other things - eventually - it will eat away at me
    don't have any old 200 pipes around ? LOL
    I took that black paint off your old pipe and it looks good

Attached Files:

7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I won't be changing bikes I'd just be adding another one :D. LOL no I don't have any 200 pipes laying around but giving away the 125 Fatty shows how much better the 200 is on the WB165 ;). I told my buddy not to paint that pipe but he thought it would be prettier painted than with the heat spots from blowing out the dents :lol:.