Another great ride, and saw other Husky's!!!

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by TE 250 Girl, Apr 10, 2011.

1. TE 250 Girl Husqvarna
    A Class

We headed out to Mattawa for another ride before our trip to Moab! It was great due to the fact that the desert 100 race was happening, so EVERYONE was there, and not riding here!

It was 60 degrees, and no one in sight, until later in the day. A good day for sure! However, there were many cows, hence, lots of poop!! Lots . . . of . . . poop!!

Getting the rest of my gear on. Not one other truck in the parking area![IMG]

[IMG]

I wanted to stay off of the roads, and stick to the trails more this time. We went up a canyon where I tipped over. No pictures for that[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

The BF messing around while we ate lunch. I had a "lesson" in this area. Trying to teach me how to turn around in a tighter circle. Not a wheelie, but to lean into the tight turn, and gas it out of the final 1/3 of my turn. Im kinda getting it?

[IMG]

And heading back to the truck. I thought my bike looked cool in this picture! [IMG] [IMG]

[IMG]

We made it to the truck when up the road comes a group of "Dual Sport" riders. There were three Husky's in the group!!! I was excited and wanted to meet/talk with them so we took off again up the road behind them. They spread out into the hills and we lost them. So we rode up to one of the look outs and stopped. Here the came. We met up with them at the look out and my BF tried to say hi, but they ignored him? So I waved at the last rider coming up (blue and yellow bike) and he did not wave back? It was kind of windy, and they looked like they had been riding a long while. Still, I was bummed out, so we left[IMG]

Next stop, Moab Utah vacation!!
  2. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Look'n good Te Girl [IMG]
  3. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Nice stuff, yeah, old two stroke trick, lean, turn the front wheel, foot down and gas it to spin the back wheel, works best to the left
    as your back brack control is right under your right foot.

that is a nice pix, of you and your bike.
    Mike
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Nice area U are in ... Trails look good and you can never be sure what those other riders are doing or up to at the point you saw them ...
  5. TE 250 Girl Husqvarna
    A Class

I know Ray Ray. I rode ALL last summer and only saw 2 Husky's!? So, seeing 3 at one time, well, I was excited!! I wanted to chase after them!!! My BF, reluctantly agreed! [IMG]

Im thinking you are right though, they looked as though they had been riding all day, very tired. [IMG]
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Yep, the last riding I was doing n the states, only a few Huskies to be seen .... Even at the Desert 100 a couple yrs back, not too many Huskies ...
  7. TORT Husqvarna

nice hill for climb in the husky where is Mattawa ??
  8. TE 250 Girl Husqvarna
    A Class

Mattawa is in Eastern Washington State on the Columbia river.

A few more messing around pictures, but this is what most of the area looks like. [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Looks like another great area, but if you are cow trailing, you gotta take the fertilizer all in stride.[IMG] Shame on those other Husky riders for not having proper social etiquette out in the dirt![IMG]
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good stuff. Bike looks great and low. Moab, I loved that place, enjoy. From the looks of the bike i might know your BF???