Another great ride in the PNW

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Rode some virgin trails, technical stuff. Old guy in the group (me) chasing a bunch of them there kids and one of the fastest pros in the NW. Did well but was riding pinned all day. Good times. I like getting my ass handed to me some times. :D

35 seconds into this vid shows what PNW epic virgin single track can be like. Slick and challenging. Vid makes it look smooth and flat but it is anything but. Lots of off camber rooty stuff keeps you working. Buddy Jake with the vid (not me) 50 good ass kicking miles. 3 huskys, 3 KTMS and a Berg.

http://jmetteer.smugmug.com/Motorcy...USS-HOUSE/10913384_HVXG3#762038367_Hjd3A-A-LB
  2. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Wow, graduate level stuff there! Lots of small downed trees to cross at an angle while hauling arse. Looked like a good workout!
  3. kot Husqvarna
    B Class

i like that type of riding!
  4. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yikes! 8 out or 10 of those angled log crossings would have had me on my head.
  5. noairkerr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 yamaha wr250f 2005 ktm 200 exc
    Looks familiar ?.... must've just missed you guys. We had 10 in our local ragtag group . I hear I "donated" to a fellow Husky family member :D That's perfect ,Jake saved my bacon at the 24hr when I needed a masterlink, so see it's true what comes around goes around. And yes all those guys are tough to keep in sight,great bunch . Kerry
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Love the "fern rain forrest " look. Kept looking for T Rex as it looked so virgin terrain and "Jurasic Park" like! Would give a 2.7 gallon tank for a 125 to ride in that stuff for a change. Lots of diag logs to keep the clutch control and body positiion in training too. Nice stuff.........really epic.

Jake struck a berg.....new nickname is "Titanic":lol:
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    all euro bike ride,,,, back to the future, nice
  8. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was thinking when the Husky struck the Husaberg, it was either a baby Husky thinking it was his mother. Or it could have been a little hatred towards the HUS in Husaberg. Excellent video and I can't get over all of those ferns either.
  9. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Thanks Kerry! :busted:

It is much less worrying "stealing" gas out of the back of a truck when you know the person whose name is written on the can. :lol:

Yep I finally did it, I was "that guy" yesterday. The guy that forgot to put gas in his bike... :banghead: ran out 10 miles into a 50 mile ride.

Here it is, on video for you all to laugh at. :cheers:
    [IMG]

I was packing gas for Shane's 125 so we had fuel containers, we dumped the premix in the 125 and drained 1/2 gallon from the ktm 520. From there I went into extreme fuel conservation mode, riding 2 gears high and shutting the bike off on all down hills. The funny thing is it really didn't slow me down, it smoothed things out a bunch and I stopped slowing down for the corners and blasting out. I made it 15 miles on that half gallon and had fuel to spare when we got to where Kerry was parked.

Team work...

[IMG]

Later,
  10. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Yesterday was an interesting day as far as mechanical issues go. All of them were handled with a smile. With this many prepared guys in the group it was very cool. :thumbsup:

Problem 1 Missing front brake caliper bolt on the ktm 520. Rory had one in his pack from the six days in portugal. :applause:
    Rory and Kelly fixing the problem.
    [IMG]

Then we had my little fuel miscalculation...:banghead:

After that Rory's Berg developed a pinhole in a radiator hose. It sprayed him in the crotch before he got out of the way.:eek: They cut a little bit off the hose and slid it up a little further, problem solved. :thumbsup:

[IMG]
    Kelly had his hands all over that one as well.
    [IMG]

Later,
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    When I showed up for this ride and the 2 guys that ride there a lot have studs and Jake has 200 ice screws in his tires i knew this would be an interesting day. Disregard that one guy was a 6 days dude and local pro and the other was his back yard and all but one 15 years younger than me. Add on top of that the guy who builds these trials is a trails guy and masochist. What was I thinking :D Fun day :thumbsup:

Caliper falling off 1.5 miles in, missing hand guard 2 miles in, Jake out of gas 10 miles in, Berg spouting water 15 miles in, not missing a beat. :thumbsup: Great group of seasoned riders for sure.

Surprisingly I am not that sore today. Still feeling the kick to the crotch when crossing the 3 foot high log crossing I almost cleared. :D
  12. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Whew! That video got me all tired out just watching it. Don't know what I would have done with all the downed tree crossings.:eek: Don't have many of those down here.
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    you mentioned the ice screws,,,,,,,,although we desire moisture,,that stuff looks like grease, I was going to ask about those things (the screws use) but you answered that question.. fast crowd with young Sullivan in the crew,,,,thought he would be on a new tech berg?
    looks a really good ride with some fixable adventures.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    he has many bikes. The older Berg is well worked with a totally different engine config (dif bore stoke - smaller) and studded tires.
  15. Baucum Husqvarna
    B Class

Kelly, the reason you're not sore is because you kept properly hydrated. I believe it was Mountain Dew Code Red, the official sports drink for SW Washington. Ha.

[IMG]

Jake. Yes you were "that guy." I'm glad I got to witness your moment of shame. :applause: I'm more even more glad for Kerry's lengthy lock up cable and unknowing generosity. Without his petrol we would have had to cut our loop short or do some pesky tank transfers. Thanks Kerry.

I believe this video is much more entertaining. Feel my wrath!

[IMG]

Ben
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Funny stuff Ben. I ate so much freaking mud yesterday. Coming up on that 125 on the bigger hills was inevitable and usually ended in a face full of mud. Good times. :cheers:

As for the hydration, I ride red, I drink red, I bleed red. Plus the green Dew looks to much like the other two Dew bottles full of gas. Safety third.
  17. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Just as well you can loft your front wheel. What a fantastic ride (apart from trying to hump a Berg-what were you thinking). I would have been a mess with that many logs and every second log is at an angle and greasy as all get out. Well done.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The guy who builds these trails is a trials expert and crazy man. He left three foot high log crossings in the trail on purpose!!! I came to this one that was so tall I looked for a work around and then realised the guys before me went over it. :eek: OK. Me too. Had to bring your A game for sure. :thumbsup: Looking at the vid pro racer and ISDE 6 days dude went over the log like it was not there. nice. Wish I had skills like that and was 20 years younger.
  19. noairkerr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 yamaha wr250f 2005 ktm 200 exc
    Mountain dew with a mud chaser ....yum. Good stuff, I'm just bummed I missed you guys. I love getting beat and humiliated by those guys ,and I always learn some new trails as a bonus. Jake how you liking that 310 ? Sounds more tractorlike.Kerry
  20. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    What's with all them long round thingy's littering the trail? :excuseme:

Ya'll needs ta take better care of yer forest than that. The hybrid- huggers down here'd be aaaall over that ....;)

PNW vids rule. :cool: