1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Another "I love my 150 this much" thread

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Gotlabs, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I picked up a hon-duh CR5-honey a couple weeks ago and finally got to try it out today. Although it is a fun play bike, I do not for see me racing it anytime soon. 5th gear power wheelies while going 10mph was cool, but I will stick to my little baby bike. On a side note, I love it when someone asks "why would you want to race such a small bike?" granted both folks that asked me today have never finished ahead of me ina race. Hahahaha!!!

I LOVE MY HUSKY 144!

Bragging time rant off
    typeone, huskybear, wallybean and 3 others like this.
  2. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I pick mine up on Monday and I can't wait to get it on the track. I love my RM 125, and I'm expecting the Husky to be that much better :applause:
    Gotlabs likes this.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sweet and congrats! Hey now your daughter's 144 may be safe :D. I put about an hour and a half on my WB165 today at my house and boy they're FUN. Zomby I sold my 05 RM125 a few months back and it was a good little bike but you will soon see for yourself just how much better the little Husky is. BTW congrats to you too :cheers:. Enjoy guys.
    Zomby woof likes this.
  4. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    Every time I ride my KTM 250 EXCF it reminds so very much why I bought my new WR 150.... Today was an example.. I rode My KTM on a small 2 mile single track behind my house for about an hour... I really felt like I was riding a brick... I came in and traded bikes for my Husky.... The minute I got on the seat I could fell the difference.. I felt like I was floating compared to that pounding I take on my KTM.... The difference in the sand is night and day for me... I will not think twice about laying my Husky down real low in a sandy berm and dropping the hammer... The KTM because of it's weight I will do just enough to survive that stuff... My KTM has some advantages like the ability to climb just about any dam hill.. But those advantages will not make me ride my KTM before I ride my Husky... The weight and throttle response and agility make my Husky the the bike I'll ride on any given day..
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nothing more fun than a tiddler. Love'um.
    Vinduro and Jersey Woods like this.
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I rode a two day trail ride on the weekend .Saturday on the 250 exc and Sunday the 144. I enjoyed the power delivery of the 250 - it doesnt hit hard and is easily controllable. The rear is really good for my weight and the bike feels nearly as light as the wr.
    Its a good bike for sure but to me its all about the handling at the front . It doesnt steer as well as the husky . I dont feel confident with ruts and it takes me all over the place. The wr may be slower in the open stuff but in any more technical parts I just found so much easier and felt in control at all times.
    Oh and the ktm overheated twice and I had to use my water to fill up the radiators and it was stinking hot ! Rode the WR on sunday with no dramas as per usual.
    Hit a massive rock and I have to say the 45mm Marzoccis are just unreal - I thought I was going for a spill but it just soaked it up.

Got the 36mm Keihin dialled in by the end of the ride and it was great.
    A big improvement on the mikuni. The needle was a bit rich so unscrewed the cap and put it on the leanest setting and whamo what a difference. !! Still playing with jetting but think 175 main and 35 pilot
    Loving the 144 as well - need to sell that ktm so the 165 can go on!
    john01 and Gotlabs like this.
  7. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV

Yep Kelly ain't the the truth..... I have more fun on a small bore than I ever imagined that I could.... They amaze me at the amount of power they make..
    Gotlabs likes this.