1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Another Lectron question - cable routing

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Myles Walshe, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Been and gone, TL1000R & FIreblade
    Hi All

Lectron owners - quick question about the throttle cable where it exits the top of the carb. On the mikuni there is a tube guiding the cable out where as the lectron has a brass looking bolt and the cable drags across this on its way out. Might be over thinking it but should this be guided out or is there no chance that the cable could get damaged over time/use?.

Thanks in advance

Myles
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I have not had an issue with the cable but Lectron does make one with a guide.

[IMG]
  3. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks Kelly - that is good to know it is meant to be as mine is.

Thanks also for sending on the lectron too. Fired right up and runs great.. seems like the hot starting issue is long gone as I've tried it a good few times and no issues. I'm leaving it set up as it came as it seems good to me!.
  4. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Miles
    Mine was very rich out of the box. The bike started good and all that you mentioned but as I kept leaning the Lectron I was getting better top end and it kept improving. I may still be a bit lean. Vinduro said to keep leaning out till you need choke when cold starting. But during the summer, cold is relative.
  5. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cheers sarbortooth. I've a race on the 17th Aug so will see how the plug looks after that. I've run it around the roads where I live and the plug is nice and brown. Hopefully it will be the same after the race.. I'm not a full on flat out rider so mid to top end isn't yet within my skill set :)

I've not tried starting with no choke from cold but will give that a go to see if she likes that.. doesn't fight starting when using the choke though.. cold is definitely relative!..

Will update after the race, hopefully with a few good photos.
  6. mkfox Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 Greeves Griffon
    I just installed and had to modify the brass guide from the top of the old carb. Had a 45 deg. threaded into the top of the Mikuni. Cut that fitting to about half of it's length and slid inside the brass fitting on the Lectron. Cable was too short with it, and too long without it. Slides very smoothly. My carb was way too lean from the box. I think it's about right at 1.5 turns richer. May need more fine tuning, but is drastically better than the old Mikuni as is.
    Myles Walshe likes this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thats not WAY to lean as we made the bottom end ramp on the rod slightly more gradual so there is more fine tuning the bottom. I'd say these carbs should be within 2 turns of correct. So many variables with the bike and settings and fuel it is hard to nail but they should all be really close.

:thumbsup:
  8. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mine runs fine so I'll get the first race out of the way and see where I go on leaning it out. If it is a bit rich it's not causing the hot start problem so the fine tuning will follow once I fully understand the carb and tuning it..
  9. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for that tip. I did wonder if that part was something I could modify to fit. Will have a ook at that tonight.
  10. mkfox Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 Greeves Griffon
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

No you were lean but there is a good range of adjustment is all I am saying.
  12. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Kelly did his come with the MS3 rod? Thinking about trying 1 on the 300.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  14. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Not to hijack the this thread, but did i hear correctly that Lectron is working on a much shorter version to fit YZ125's which also used the TMX? I would definitely be interested in a Lectron which is a bit closer to the TMX size wise.
  15. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Thanks Doug, I'll check into it.
  16. mkfox Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 Greeves Griffon
    Actually my rod has 3-1XL on the face. Didn't the ones I've seen on here have MS3 on the face or are they the same? Very happy with how it runs so far. Will have to wait to get a good long run on it to evaluate. Currently 1 turn out on idle, 1.5 on powerjet so these are not out of whack.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

yes depends on when you bought it and what you asked for. Sounds like yours is running good with the 3-1 and so stick with it. :cheers:
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Yes done and tested. Fits much better and I made some changes to where the fuel overflows exit and how and some other changes. I have these in stock now all setup with various rods. Cost more due to the machining but fit better and work better.

Here are a couple of pix. You can see how read black side is cut clear into the body to make it as short as possible. also the Ball end is drastically shortened and sleeve for size. Fits really nice. Works great as usual. I also tried the three way adjustable 90 degree bend cable with great results on my bike. Also note how the left side overflow tube exits up instead of out tot he side which misses the ipe much more EZ. I was having to ziptie my overflow hose to keeop it off the pipe and now it does not even come close. Still evolving. :cheers:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    lankydoug and PowerKord like this.
  19. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    With the new vent hose configuration, will fuel still be able to drain if the bike is dropped on the right side?
  20. mkfox Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 Greeves Griffon
    Bought it last week. Asked for whatever you recommend. And boy did you deliver!:D Thank you.
    Motosportz likes this.