1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Any big boys ridden 85's?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by WXC250, Sep 29, 2014.

1. WXC250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    95 WXC 250
    This isn't really husky related but I have been loving my 250.. I had a 2004 KX85 sitting around for a couple years and got around to cleaning the carb and got it fired up. Pro Circuit Pipe/spark arrestor stock jets 140 main and 45 pilot which are supposedly rich from the factory. Most setups i have seen everyone drops to a 138 or less on the main and 40-42 pilot. The bike rips on the top end but is gutless and will bog out of powerband.. Is this just the fact that im 200lbs riding a kids race bike or is there a jetting issue? It has that booowah sound sometimes like when you run out of gas under load but pulls strong on top. I screwed the pilot screw fully in with no real change..
  2. Comanche87 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 CR250
    Those little wheeled chainsaws don't have any bottom end, they love being revved. I don't necessarily think it's a jetting issue since you're basically riding 2-up at their normal operating weight. :thumbsup: The only mini bike that I've ridden (screwed around on) you had to pretty much wind it and slip the clutch on take-off. But man those little rippers can be fun. :D
  3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    You is fat.......

Bike is lean...

No love.....
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The KX100 has way more bottom end is big guy fun.
  5. Bart Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TC450, 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TM Racing EN300 and EN450
    Does the powervalve actuator shaft sit correctly, there's a marking on the case that should line up with a dot on the shaft.
  6. WXC250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    95 WXC 250
    I have not confirmed the powervalve operation. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I will check for that alignment tomorrow.
  7. woodsrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '16 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    '18 Alta MXR
    I've got a dead KX100 in my garage awaiting resurrection (2 actually, but one is a parts bike). I think it will be a fun little ripper if I ever get around to reviving it.

Flywheel weight might be worth looking into for that 85?
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The stupid power to weight combined with a high center of gravity with a big guy riding it caused me and 3 other adults to have a near death experience in under 20 min. As we took turns riding a YZ85 one guy was almost dying riding/looping out/high siding it the others were dying laughing.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  9. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    :lol:
    Yes, I am the owner of a mini bike too. I can't get anybody interested in buying it for any realistic price, so here it sits, in my living room.:rolleyes:

I thought that having a 145 pound CR85 RB would be quite the hoot, but I soon found out that its cramped riding position offered up challenges that were too much for my old body and joints. And I found out about how little you are actually able to move around on it, if you want to avoid going over backwards. No loopouts, but too close for comfort.
    lankydoug likes this.
  10. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    dork girl 2s KX 65 pulls me just fine faster than i want what with the WAY over loaded suspension and im sure im the biggest man in the cafe any late model mini hauls if its right
  11. WXC250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    95 WXC 250
    Thank you Bart, the power valve was installed incorrect. The downside is you have to pull the jug to get it to sit right again. In 06 they changed it to a nut on top of the shaft vs welded so I will just order one of those. I rode it with the valve forced shut and low and midrange were much better and responsive. Thanks again