1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc any huge differences between years?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by twosmoke595, Jun 22, 2012.

1. twosmoke595 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none as of yet
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 honda cr125
    from 2008-2012 on the cr125's

it would be cool if we could get a year to year differences between these bikes

as ive found a 2008 a 2010 that are used and in good shape, that i'm looking at getting, and i'd like to know if there was a huge difference between these bikes and the new 2012
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The 2008 has the older frame and handles a little differently from the 09 and later. They tend to turn slightly slower but I also find them to be a bit more stable. We are splitting hairs as both chassis work great and having your suspension dialed for you will negate small differences in handling. I personally feel that the '11 & '12 tiddlers feel and handle slightly lighter although actual weight is probably the same. They made small upgrades to both the WR and CR for the last two years. I love my 09 but will be buying a '12 for both the lighter feel and the spare cylinder(great price too:)) .
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    There are two generations there. The 2000-08 are all based on the same frame and motor although the plastic and ergonomics changed in 05. the 2000-04 are very slim and might be lighter due to the smaller forks etc. Feels lighter to me. The 05-08 have a taller wider feeling. The 09 and up are completely new frames and suspension as well as bodywork. The motor also changed with a new cylinder and tmxx carb.

here is my take owning and riding all years of this bike...

2000-2004

these bikes are slim and have low slung fuel tanks. Feels extremely light and all the CR's run really hard. Fast bikes. the handling is good, the stability is OK and very good all around bike. the biggest down side to me is the 45mm forks that are very hard to get to work as good as more modern stuff.

05-08

Same as the 2000-2004 in large part except the plastic and tank which IMHO was a step backwards. It makes the bike taller and wider. Still great bikes.

09 to current

I love this frame. handle fantastic, stable, accurate and more forgiving. the motor on the other hand has been a mixed bag. After the CR125 from 2000-2008 flat RIPS the 09 WR has bog and carb issues. whats changed> the cylinder new and has a different port config but I think it is more the powrer-valve setup and carbs and ignition settings. Once sorted and running right these are the best of the 125's IMHO.
  4. twosmoke595 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none as of yet
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 honda cr125
    thanks guys that was what i was looking for

i've heard about frame issues with some of the newer years? can anyone confirm this? and as far as contingency goes, what year models are allowed for contingency? say if i buy a 2010, and they only do a 2 year contingency, so once the 13's come out then it wont apply anymore?

because when i get one i intend to race for contingency because husky seems like they have a really good system