any one know anywhere great to ride within 200 miles of halls in Springfield Illinois???

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by fletchman45, Nov 9, 2014.

1. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Going to pick up my new bike soon! Been working to hard may take a week off and break my bike in. Looking for somewhere to ride! Looking for tight single track. Anyone ride chadwich Missouri? Or have time to meet up and ride?
  2. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    my place[ chadwick m/c atv park] is farther than that closer to 300 check with firedog55 he's close not sure about hardwood hills in mansfield mo
  3. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Theres closer singletrack than Chadwick. If you get to the St. Louis area I can hook you up with some singletrack. I've got private ground about 15 miles from Downtown St. Louis. Theres a couple other places around with some trail too. Shoot me a PM and we get you hooked up.
  4. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Ya Illinois is the worst for off road access. Absolutely zip for public trails but there are some off road private pay per use areas. Like Fox Valley Off road for one which is North of Halls a couple of hours, but fun. they have woods, hill climbs, logs, MX track, and a small Enduro cross section. If you do go I'll go with you if I can, I'm only 30 minutes from there. Might want to get with Steve or Jeff at Halls and see if they can point you more local if you haven't already.
    http://foxvalleyoffroad.com/
  5. Jon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 TXC 310R
    The cliffs which is a bit north of halls is a fun place to ride and the Badlands in Attica, IN has a lot of variety
  6. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

. I was under the impression the badlands didn't have much single track at all???
  7. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks much. Winding down on this job and thinking may pick up my bike Saturday morning if all goes well and ride Sunday Monday and possibly Tuesday if I'm not to tired! Still leaning towards Chadwick. Not sure why but years ago heard it was pretty fun! Or a day there and off to somewhere else.
  8. jimjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    gasgas
    St Joe state park in Parkhills Mo.They ran a national enduro there for years.Fingerlakes state park in Columbia Mo.mx track there also.Land between the lakes in Ky.
  9. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Chadwicks good but singletrack would be hard to find. You'd be passing up a lot of good singletrack to get down there. If I had 3 days and wanted single track, I'd hit my own place (200 acres, maybe 7 miles of real singletrack), Briggs Offroad (private property 80 acres but advertises open dirtbike riding and has a nice tight 8+- mile loop). You could also get someone to open up the MTRA clubgrounds which is also primarily singletrack but a private club ground. boom, 3 days, 3 separate single track havens. Long time ago, and I mean prior to quads being existence, Chadwick was GREAT. Its still a lot of fun but if I want single track, no. I could be wrong but I bet theres not a mile of single track in Chadwick. St. Joe State Park is also pretty good for public riding area but mostly 2 track as well.
  10. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    there should be some in the designated trials area ol chadwick is as gnarly as ever but the atvs have loosened it up and the cobb ridge camp ground is nice all paved showers thrash dumpsters the works only 10 bucks a night
    fletchman45 likes this.
  11. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have been to finger lakes many times. To small and to many over crossing trails. But is what it is. Also been to st Joe several times wtf is the single track???? Had more fun there then finger lakes. Yea akeley mn used to be bad a-- then the quads got in there and have semi ruined it. OK I'm fine with private single track if I can get a hold of someone and there is not drama. I have three days to ride. Been to Arkansas and Oklahoma etc... I'm and old dog just looking for some fun singletrack and I'll ride with anyone aa or c class who cares! Let me know...
  12. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Bob I'll give you a call. I was thinking or hoping for Sunday Monday. Possibly sat if this job will ever end...thank you much for the invite. Your pm went somewhere and it won't let me respond...
  13. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    WHEN YOU GET THERE GET A MAP AND GO GIVE DIARY QUEEN HILL A GO IF THE STARS ARE RIGHT YOU COULD GET TO THE TOP BTW WHEN YOU GET UP THERE GO AS FAR TO THE LEFT AS YOU CAN
  14. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    And they have FREE ice cream at the top if you make it...
    troy deck likes this.
  15. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    haha no i think the name is in reference to the huge wall of white limestone thats near the top not nearly the wall it was years ago but most folks go around to the left some days that hill is just not worth it hell it can be a bitch to get down there is a utube video but you really don't get the effect
  16. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OK where is this at??? Because I may have never quite made double a I have passed double a guy's on hill climbs and even done so on a 144. My theory is simple and scientific. Speed. Aggression. And determination knowing if you do not make it the first try it takes to much darn effort to do it again!!
  17. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Check out this forum http://www.hillbillygp.com/ most of the riders are from the Springfield area. There is a group that rides Chadwick quite often and knows where the really nasty trails are. I think they call themselves the WFO trailriders. I'm friends with a few guys that ride near Rolla MO about 2 hrs east of Springfield.
  18. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    christian county mo about 45 miles southeast of springfield hwy 14 east out of ozark to jct 125 in sparta take 125 down to the town of chadwick stop at kays store to get a permit and a made to order sandwich its on the left only store in town head on outa town the way you were to jct h you can only turn right fallow that down to county road 170 or 71[ not sure] only goes right fallow it to the end of the pavment and turn left fee pay station and maps to the right camp ground host and trash dumpsters on the left are you coming in on us 60 or i44 you dont need to go all the way to springfield let me know if your doing 44 or 60 i can save you some miles DQ hill rattlesnake cave and the trials ridin area are all on the map
    fletchman45 and lankydoug like this.
  19. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm heading to grab the bike Wednesday I think. Ride Thurs Fri sat and then head home... be warmer late next week
    LandofMotards likes this.
  20. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    thats what the talking head says:excuseme: its Missouri wait 10 minutes it;ll change:eek:
    fletchman45 likes this.