1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Any PWK Air Striker Experts?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by bigmo, Feb 18, 2014.

1. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Hi 2S crew - I am putting my winter project back together and could not find a ton of experts ont he Air Striker PWK. I recalled seeing a bunch of folks on the small bikes using this carb.

I have a CHERRY 2001 YZ125 that is going through an extensive "woods" prep. I was tired of dealing the funky OEM carb and just threw in the towel and got a new 35MM PWK AS.

So it came from Amazon (go figure) in a Sudco box ($177 to the door). Not so much as a piece of paper in the box - just the carb.

Just broke it down and it has a 160 main, a 48 pilot and a DEK needle in the middle.

This SORT of looks like baseline 125 jetting to me. For those of you swapping to this carb on the Husky 125's did you find this to be an adequate starting place and then started adjusting from there? Any magic needles?
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    The 160 main seems lean - 175 or even 180 on a yz125
    48 Pilot rich - 40 ?
    Needle - try that one - don't know it . I didn't really like the JD needles and I like a R1469 needle from a Suzuki .AI also tried a N7NW kx needle .
    (I am going to sell my old 36mm non AS PWK if anyone is interested)
  3. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    CEK needle is Sudco's version of the OEM 1469J. A good needle to start with since you have no other starting points. I agree with rockdancer on the main. If it were my bike I'd start with 48/CEK-3/180 and go from there. It may be pig-rich with that 48 pilot, but rich is the way to start. The other important part is the slide. There should be a number stamped on it.
  4. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Slide was a 6 I think - I can pop it out quickly to verify.

I was sort of going off 250 jetting and figured the 125 would be a hair richer on all circuits. The needle was the odity - but now recall the two different naming conventions (I have had four strokes too long).

Ill give the 48 and 180 a go and see where that takes me.
  5. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Cek is a little lean in the taper for a 125 , I have found the Dek to work better. The RM 250 NExx series needle work great. I liked the NECW/NEDW
    Motosportz likes this.
  6. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Ok, then maybe SUDCO knows what they are doing then. All agree the 160 main is small right? So bump that up to about a 175 and run what I brung on the rest?
  7. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I would run a 178-180 on a 125 with that needle