1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st anybody do the torks/torn races in texas?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by twosmoke595, Jun 18, 2012.

1. twosmoke595 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none as of yet
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 honda cr125
    i want to get started in doing these, we plan to do a few of these races and it would be cool to get together with a few husky riders, mainly so i could possibly swing a leg over one and confirm my intentions of getting one. :)
  2. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    I did the OCCRA/TORN joint race at Red River Motorcycle Park this spring. It was a great experience, though I could imagine it being pretty expensive (we paid OCCRA fees for this event and we might be spoiled). The track layout was awesome and the event was run very professionally. I counted at least 5 Husqvarnas including myself (pretty sure they were all 4 strokes), which was the most I had ever seen in one place outside of a showroom. lol. Its definitely worth trying out.
  3. twosmoke595 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none as of yet
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 honda cr125
    cool thanks for that
    ya i grew up riding trails but again that was on my pw80 and xr100

i ride a otherwise stock honda cr125, would the race be too much/long for a cr125 if i top of the tank? i know some of the stuff can get pretty nasty, but i am a fairly good rider, and looking to get better which is why i want to do a few events, also doesn't husky give contingency for these races? That would be another huge thing for me to get one if i plan on doing races that apply for contingency
  4. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    I think the RRMT track was about 8 miles long and that seems to be fairly typical for a cross country race. I think TORN runs 1 hour races and TORCs 1.2 hours, so you might be able to make it. I'd probably be more comfortable with an oversized tank. You may consider one of those or at least stash a gas can for a quick pit stop. I'm not a terribly aggressive rider, and I've cruised into the checkers with my fuel light on (1.8 gallon tank 4 stroke) and will probably invest in a larger tank in the future just to be more comfortable.

TORCS, TCCRA and TSCEC are on the contingency program.
  5. twosmoke595 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none as of yet
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 honda cr125
    cool man, ya my first thing i want to do is just finish a race, it would be way cool to do it on my 125, would just flag type hand guards be sufficient? or would i need the full wrap around style?