Anybody ever hear of using the 0-5v programmable output from an Innovate gauge controller as an AT?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by H_habilis, Sep 12, 2014.

1. H_habilis Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SMR450
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 RG500 Gamma
    Picked up an immaculate '08 SMR450 last month with 2,156 miles on the clock. It has a PU kit installed, which from what I can tell consists of a single Arrow muffler, and a fixed resistor plug in place of the lamda input. The bike pulls real sweet in the 3000-9000 rpm band, but suffers from the usual "job not done" fueling ailments. On the bright side if she'd ran awesome, it would have a ton of miles!

I have been reading on the various sites the best practices in resolve the fueling issues, and am leaning towards the "Tech 3" solution utilizing a JD instead of a PC5 since fine throttle response is less of a concern with my application versus that of advanced off-road use.

I have been looking at mounting an Innovate 3844 MTX L WBO2 sensor and FAR gauge with integrated controller and using it to manually dial-in and make adjustments to a JD 6X. Sales literature on the Innovate unit states that it has " (2) 0-5v fully programmable linear analog outputs for use with engine management systems “closed-loop” and external dataloggers".

I was curious whether anyone has used this output to trim a PC5? Is the voltage range correct, I know Dynojet may have to supply the plug(s). The Innovates' sensing processing speed is supposedly among the fastest out there.

Thanks in advance for any "input":lol:
  2. Diesel_Craig Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF450x
    Hi there,

I'm planning on doing a similar thing, though accessing PCM flash memory to make calibration changes, rather than a piggy-back solution.

I also planning on fitting a WB lambda sensor with datalogger / LCD display. Ive owned over the years most of the WB hardware available, and currently still have an Innovate, TechEdge and A KMS unit.
    To be honest, my recommendation would not be the innovate, I have had several failed controllers in one application. TechEdge is my preffered supplier when you consider robustness, quality, capability - http://www.wbo2.com/

They all have a 0-5v output, and can therefore be connect to a datalogger or close-loop control input of a PCM or fuelling hardware.

In the end, im sure you will be fine with an innovate, but no harm in researching others.
  3. H_habilis Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SMR450
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 RG500 Gamma
    Thanks for the tip Diesel_Craig, I have not purchased the Innovate yet, my offer on ebay was turned down and I'll look into the TechEdge before purchasing. I only liked the compactness of the Innovate 3844 MTX-L for mounting up on the bars, but longevity is of course important as well.

Being kind of new to Husky bikes, is your TC 449 an EFI bike? And if so, what fueling tuner did you wind up going with?