Anybody in the Vancouver area with a PCV or iBeat?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by DH247, Jun 16, 2010.

1. DH247 Husqvarna
    C Class

Turns out that after doing some performance enhancements on my spankin new 2010 TE510 the enhancements have had the opposite effect. Now I get backfiring and popping on decel and surging on the throttle. Tonnes of bark though....

And the only dealer around cannot fit me in until July 3... :banghead:

Anybody in or around Vancouver able to help a brother out? I would really like to get this bike dialed sooner rather than later. Thanks!

Cam
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Vancouver Canada? I am in Vancouver WA (USA) and have iBeat.
  3. DH247 Husqvarna
    C Class

Hmm... Yes Canada. I guess I should have included an 'eh' in there eh? :lol:

On the upside when I need/can afford some awesome Motosportz parts I know it's not too far away :D
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am in Mount Vernon and I have an I-Beat. I think 5th gear in Vancouver may also have an I-Beat.
  5. DH247 Husqvarna
    C Class

Awesome. I will call them today.

Unfortunately I am now getting a 'Fail' message on my display and the fuel pump sounds strained. She'll turn over but any throttle she just dies. I love this bike but I am not loving the dealer service I have been getting. I asked them to address the fuel pump slippage issue while the tank was dry. I also was asking for some extra parts and some upgrade goodies (mostly controls). They didn't and they never got back to me, so I fixed it. Then from my own over zealous zip-tying efforts I created a situation where the ties pushed off one of the pump contacts. No biggie, fixed that. While I was at it I put on some exhaust heat wrap and removed the cat converter. Then the bike ran funky and needed adjustment. Considering that I cannot get the bike serviced by the dealer until July 3 at earliest I put the cat conv back in so she was pretty well 'stock' again. Now she just won't run past idle. It's just a little frustrating as I've had the bike for 2 weeks and have put on a measly 250km and it's spent more time on the stand than on the road. And the dealer still can't seem to find the time to call me back.

Sorry for the rant. Just feeling like I got a 'Fix It Again Tony'....... Any suggestions I'm all ears. I have no problemns getting into the belly of the beast :)

EDIT: Awesome. 5th Gear is gonna fix er up this weekend. Those guys are rad! I'm still all ears for any suggestions as to why the Fail message is appearing... Thanks!
  6. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

iBeat should be able to identify the fault that is causing the fail. The ECU keeps a history of recent fault conditions.

Do you have the power-up kit O2 bypass installed or are you still using the stock O2 sensor? If you remove or unplug the O2 sensor without installing the bypass (race) connector in place of the O2 sensor, you will get a fault.
  7. DH247 Husqvarna
    C Class

Thanks Seymore,

I am running the power-up kit (dealer installed). So the O2 sensor has been removed and the bypass sensor is in place. Although I will double check to make sure it has not come loose.

The only changes I have made to the bike before it started to run poorly was to remove the cat converter and wrap the exhaust with a good heat wrap (My headers no longer glow red and my jeans no longer turn brown/black!). So I know my exhaust gas temp is up and the amount of through flow (the pressure out of the can now is considerably greater than before). I am hoping to identify the source of the error this Sat at 5th Gear.

Will a sudden change in operating parameters overwhelm the EFI unit? I am also wondering if I have the fuel pump aligned correctly. It went back into position without trouble but it has become louder upon intial system start-up.

My other question is, if I am able to resolve the fail issue (ie the fuel pump is misaligned and can be put into proper alignment, will the system recognize that the EFI is ok again and remove the 'fail' message, or will it persist until an iBeat is connected and the system can be manually reset?

I am hoping to get some more time with it tonight. Been busy rebuilding a downhill bike from the bearings up... Too many bikes with too many moving parts I tell ya! Thanks for thoughts and help everyone. It's very much appreciated :)