1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Anyone bought a GUts Racing seat? hows it holding up?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Sandgroper, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just fitted mine and have some reservations about how long its going to last.
    The vinyl seems very thin and ripped easily around the edge of the stapples whilst I was fitting
    it :( With shipping the cover cost me just over 80 USD :S
    Im not dissing the company but just questioning the quality of the vinyl that I purchased.

[IMG]
  2. moto66 Husqvarna
    A Class

Said it before but really like the look of those graphics [IMG]

Re the the seat, it should be up to or better than the original cover IMO. You could probably measure the vinyl thickness with some gauges. I imagine there's different grades of vinyl too. I had my seat re-foamed as way too hard. They layered it and sculpted it and did an excellent job for £50.00. The OE cover was used again and it stood up to the removal/re-stapling/glueing just fine.

http://www.saxonseats.co.uk/
    Sandgroper likes this.
  3. Swampds Husqvarna
    AA Class

My add a bike mount rubbed a hole through the Guts seat cover in 6 rides.
    Sandgroper likes this.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I had the soft foam and the heavy duty ballistic nylon cover added to mine a couple of years ago. No issues so far.
    [IMG]
  5. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was concerned with that as well. I added a thin washer between the seat and the rotating lock pin to stop it twisting the vinyl. All I did was round off the edges of the washer to ensure it didnt cut into the vinyl.
    First ride is on friday, wait n see I guess. Worst case I repair the OEM one and put it back on if it stretches and rips as I hate wasting time with stuff like this.
  6. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

meh :D

That cover looks heavy duty compared to mine. Mine is a gripper seat so maybe I need to try something like yours with red. Looks much more hard wearing.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have always had good luck with their stuff.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I have used GUTS on 3 bikes with no issues, (and have other folks using them as well) remember they make different quality level (price reflects this). The ones that I have used are the dual material ones with the "ballistic" nylon inserts, the inserts were good against the knee brace rubs and no-slip material is quite thick (mils?). These never tore on me. These are the more expensive ones. Lots of offroad miles in fun rides and races with no issues.
    I think I installed the 1st one myself (1991 KTM300EXC) tall firm and it was on the bike when I sold it after 5 years of use.The 2nd was my 04 TC450, The 3rd was on my 2006 TE450, I had the upholstry shop do these for @ $20 each, they are both a tall firm set up.
    It's tough to deal from overseas, but I must say they are very responsive and nice folks over at GUTS. I hope you get dialed in, or go local as mentioned above. Also if you are dissatisfied, GUTS seems to be a company that would probably respond to your issue, its a family type biz. Your bike looks amazing, best of luck with your issue. RN
    2004 TC450, with GUTS tall firm (in pre Tecate Hare Scrambles clothes)
    [IMG]
    2006 TE450 with GUTS tall firm (in pre Elsinore GP livery)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Sandgroper likes this.
  9. UberKul Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am on my second Guts competition style seat cover (the thicker one). Both me and the bike have gone down hard quite a few times but the seat has never been damaged. Only replaced it recently to go with the tall version.
  10. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I've got a Guts on my KTM 450 and Eric has one on his WR426. They sent me a gawdawful orange one by mistake but handled the issue with utmost courtesy and professionalism.
    Eric asked about purchasing a new Guts Comfort seat for his WR426. They had a custom blue Yamaha one in the shop that someone had ordered and then never picked up. He was willing to spend more money on
    a new one but they offered him the really nice custom one for a ridiculously low price. We've both been really happy with them. Very comfortable (both are Comfort seats) and durable and it's been several years.